Five great signings so far for Wednesday

We already have a goal scorer, he's called Gary Madine he missed plenty of the season but still managed to score 18 goals I think it was, he's no mug and I think some peeps under rate the lad.

He did a hell of a lot of work for others on that pitch last season, I would imagine that's why we have signed Maguire cause apparently he's a workhorse and brings others into the game which can only be spot on for Madines progress.

I don't see him as a goalscorer... but we will see.

The proof will be in the pudding.

That's it I will be the first to get on his back if he doesn't deliver with onions, but I have faith in him, he's a good striker and deserves his chance.

he was the leagues top goalscorer for a time, till rhodes and ched overtook him, he dint score many afterwards cos like corker said he was setting the rest up instead

he was the leagues top goalscorer for a time, till rhodes and ched overtook him, he dint score many afterwards cos like corker said he was setting the rest up instead

Until nearly 2 months out he was top scorer.

Hence me saying you need a goal scorer.

Madine, before this season, has a mediocre goals to game record.

Until nearly 2 months out he was top scorer.

Having purple patches is the mark of an ok striker, not a good striker.

but is being out and then used to feed everybody else a purple patch? admittedly if he was playing as a full on striker and missing thatd be a purple patch

I'm sure he's gutted he didn't score when he was on the treatment table.

While he was out, we altered as a team to suit and he wasn't as prolific but was still an immense player for us on the pitch.

Relying on a talisman can seriously backfire, know any clubs that happened to at the end of last season?

I'm sure he's gutted he didn't score when he was on the treatment table.

Who said anything about being on the treatment table? Do keep up.

While he was out, we altered as a team to suit and he wasn't as prolific but was still an immense player for us on the pitch.

Again, you're missing my point.

I said the Owls need a goalscorer, until the season just gone, GM's record as a finisher was poor.

This season he has had 2 purple patches.... the second coming at a time when football was played. It may well suit in the long run, but there's a lot of factors to suggest it won't too.

Relying on a talisman can seriously backfire, know any clubs that happened to at the end of last season?

It happens all the time. With every club.

The Owls relied on Ben Marshall and struggled till they got another player in on loan to fill the void.

if you look at what happened last season as regard goals, they came from all areas of the team, ......much better that way than relying on one guy to hit the back of the net every game,... team game.

if you look at what happened last season as regard goals, they came from all areas of the team, ......much better that way than relying on one guy to hit the back of the net every game,... team game.

Why don't you elaborate on how many goals came from the rest of the team in comparison to united....

im not comparing to the team in s2, im just talking about sheffield wednesday, and im saying, we, wednesday got goals from all over the team, it shows what happens, when you lose that one important player who you rely on to score most of your goals. sheffield wednesday didnt have a 30 plus goal scorer, but we didnt need one.

Few snippets from Milan Mandaric intvw. Working hard to sign Antonio. Unlikely Danny Batth. At least 5 more signings on way.

Dave Jones is the man to take the club to the PL. Oh and club looking at having a big screen next season.

http://audioboo.fm/boos/865123