Five great signings so far for Wednesday

Or...you could say:

Chris Kirkland: Injury prone. Could not get a contract with Donny. Played 7 games in last 2 seasons.

Joe Mattock: Who?

Kieron Lee: Again, who?

Anthony Gardner: Could not get a contract with Hull. To be fair he was shortlisted for Palace player of the year, which is kind of like getting a free toy with your happy meal.

You could have put your pathetic Who? against the names of Marshall and Antonio last season and look what happened there.

In response my comments on united's signings so far:

............ - Who?

............ - Who?

............ - Who?

:hihi::hihi:

Another thread ruined by a couple of so called users who have nothing better to do, no wonder no one bothers on here anymore...

I'm a little surprised how excited some are getting with the signings - if they'd been in L1 they would be very good at that level, but it just looks like the owls are buying quantity rather than quality at the moment (and with more L1 standard players Antonio, Batth, Treacy, McDonald in the wings?).

Kirkland is just a bench warmer, and can't be relied upon. Lee may well be the next Roberto Carlos, but is a bit of a punt (though there is plenty of defensive cover if he struggles). Gardner should do ok in that division, especially in a relegation battle if needed. Mattock? I wouldn't have had him back at the Lane even in L1, very poor with us, but again he's used to being in struggling championship sides. And Maguire... well I think you've got better than him already in Madine and probably Lowe... I certainly wouldn't pin all your hopes on him!

As for Oldham's best player, arguably their best player (and certainly the catalyst behind their win at the Lane) was Chris Taylor.

As for what's happening (or not) at the Lane transfer wise, well we just have to see what happens, and if anyone at all comes in this summer! I can see McDonald jumping ship, though his lack of mobility may hurt him in the Championship (Williamson would be a better signing, and he scores plenty too - but Forest are circling). I expect Porter will stay, as no-one else will want him!

i'm not over excited about these signings. i'm not sure maguire is any better than what we've got but he's young and eager so who knows, hat trick on his debut would be nice:hihi: i'll wait until we get nearer to the start of the season before i judge the team, definately need some quality in midfield or we will struggle

I'm a little surprised how excited some are getting with the signings - if they'd been in L1 they would be very good at that level, but it just looks like the owls are buying quantity rather than quality at the moment (and with more L1 standard players Antonio, Batth, Treacy, McDonald in the wings?).

Kirkland is just a bench warmer, and can't be relied upon. Lee may well be the next Roberto Carlos, but is a bit of a punt (though there is plenty of defensive cover if he struggles). Gardner should do ok in that division, especially in a relegation battle if needed. Mattock? I wouldn't have had him back at the Lane even in L1, very poor with us, but again he's used to being in struggling championship sides. And Maguire... well I think you've got better than him already in Madine and probably Lowe... I certainly wouldn't pin all your hopes on him!

As for Oldham's best player, arguably their best player (and certainly the catalyst behind their win at the Lane) was Chris Taylor.

As for what's happening (or not) at the Lane transfer wise, well we just have to see what happens, and if anyone at all comes in this summer! I can see McDonald jumping ship, though his lack of mobility may hurt him in the Championship (Williamson would be a better signing, and he scores plenty too - but Forest are circling). I expect Porter will stay, as no-one else will want him!

:hihi::hihi: Love it, any signings give teams a boost, the squad does need additions and some of these players (Lee) are being bought in as cover for current first teamers where previously there has been none. Gardner has been bought as a starter I suspect in place of Rob Jones. If Kirkland is injury prone we have capable cover with Weaver and Bywater.

I wouldnt get too complacent at the lane that no one has been shipped out yet, movements out almost ALWAYS happen after season ticket deadlines around July/early August.

As for MacDonald he seems to be Glenn Hoddle one minute (when hes staying) and rubbish the next (when hes linked with us), if I was a united fan i'd be very worried about the silence form the board at the lane and wilsons defeatist comments regarding transfer money.

apparently marlon harewood is training with swfc aswell as jason koumas, would us owls fans like to sign any of them?

Paul Walker ‏@Walkerpw

I understand Marlon Harewood is to start pre-season with #SWFC but no deal on table yet. Invite also applies Jason Koumas too.

Another thread ruined by a couple of so called users who have nothing better to do, no wonder no one bothers on here anymore...

Amen to that, mate.

apparently marlon harewood is training with swfc aswell as jason koumas, would us owls fans like to sign any of them?

Paul Walker ‏@Walkerpw

I understand Marlon Harewood is to start pre-season with #SWFC but no deal on table yet. Invite also applies Jason Koumas too.

Marlon Harewood would be an OK move.

Koumas I thought you have had him on trial before?

They wanted to know if he could play on grass i think mate

They wanted to know if he could play on grass i think mate

:hihi::hihi:now now CB

Marlon Harewood would be an OK move.

apparently he was supposed to come and train with us but life overtook football matters and he had to decline at that time.

a massive struggle next season.totally unimpressed with the signings.get some money spent mandaric