Limpsfield middle scholl david bellamy competition

Did anyone go to limpsfield middle school circa 1974/76 .not sure of year. , but it was the year we won the competition., where the school ,our class won a day with david bellamy . The day was filmed for one of his shows and was shown a few times on bbc 1 in the late 70s early 80s.. The show was about the unusual and wonderful nature of our area . I was in the film at the train station talking about japananese knotweed and its origins of getting there.. We also won a fishtank .. Love to find this film footage ,or anyone involved in this great day.did the show survive .i live in torquay now .have not been to sheffield for some time. Is limpsfield still there.

Yes its still there, I live further along the road from it. My daughter attended there, late 80's/early 90's. Mr Bainbridge is the Headmaster, was he there when you attended Limpsfield?

sadly cannot remember headmaster ,but name rings a bell . i lived on tipton street..

Did anyone go to limpsfield middle school circa 1974/76 .not sure of year. , but it was the year we won the competition., where the school ,our class won a day with david bellamy . The day was filmed for one of his shows and was shown a few times on bbc 1 in the late 70s early 80s.. The show was about the unusual and wonderful nature of our area . I was in the film at the train station talking about japananese knotweed and its origins of getting there.. We also won a fishtank .. Love to find this film footage ,or anyone involved in this great day.did the show survive .i live in torquay now .have not been to sheffield for some time. Is limpsfield still there.

More to the point, is the Japanese Knotweed?

Guest makapaka
Yes its still there, I live further along the road from it. My daughter attended there, late 80's/early 90's. Mr Bainbridge is the Headmaster, was he there when you attended Limpsfield?

I lived on jenkin avenue and went to limpsfield at the same time as your daughter.

I remember watching this. I was at boarding school at the time, many miles away, when I saw it. Made me proper homesick.

i remember watching this. I was at boarding school at the time, many miles away, when i saw it. Made me proper homesick.

ah japanese knotweed came over on the locomotives coming through sheffield via seeds etc . Falling onto the edges of the trainlines and growing wild along the line and up against the walls. I was nr the old bridge brightside station ,nr the pub which i cant remember name of. I remember the sun inn pub further up

ah japanese knotweed came over on the locomotives coming through sheffield via seeds etc . Falling onto the edges of the train lines and growing wild along the line and up against the walls. I was near the old bridge brightside station ,near the pub which i cant remember name of. I remember the sun inn pub further up

The pub's The Railway, went in last night...as a child we used to sit on the wall opposite' train spotting....saw the last BR steam train from Sheffield to Leeds go through Brightside.

the railway pub .yes i remember sitting out there in november with my penny for the guy .great days got free drinks and made a bob or two..remember they used to run nigel gressley stem train through in 70s

The headmaster at that time was Alan Clayton, probably the best teacher I've ever had. I left in 1976 the year that the competition was won. I can't remember which year won it I think it was either the 2nd or 3rd years. Remember walking into the staff room and David Bellamy was sat having a cuppa

This thread and all the contributors have probably forgotten about it, but I was in the film mentioned and I attended Limpsfield School at that time eventually leaving the area in 1977.

What prompted me to look up the film was that BBC Urban Jungle programme on tonight is at the Don looking at wildlife.

I`d try ringing the school to see if maybe they have a copy of the said film.