Dogue de bordeaux puppys

I can see the point of some posters tbh. If it was anyone else and not someone who owns a ddb (in this case) we'd be explaining why the dog doesn't get off the sofa etc and what they should do.

I can see the point of some posters tbh. If it was anyone else and not someone who owns a ddb (in this case) we'd be explaining why the dog doesn't get off the sofa etc and what they should do.

I could quite happily explain why my ddbs don't get off the sofa and what i do about it.:)

Mine do not get off the sofa because its a far more comfier option than the dog bed which is now just a pile of thin foam because he has eaten every nice big fluffy bed i have provided for him.

He sees the sofa as his throne and when upon it can look through the window to watch for the postman cautiously approaching down the path.

Once postman has been sighted then dog immediately goes into silent stealth mode to wait for the click of the gate.

Once click of gate has been heard dog then waits right under the letterbox ready to make the most appalling noises(a mix between a bark,howl,scream and other unworldly noises)which absolutely terrify the poor sod delivering mail...

Dog then snatches post out of letterbox, shakes it about in his mouth until it is totally knackered and covered in drool before finally releasing it and going back to the sofa to lay in wait for the next victim.

How to get him off the sofa is a different matter altogether.

I start with the "down" command in a very firm voice..

Dog ignores this and carries on furking in his testicle area..

I repeat the word "Down" this time followed by a "now".

Dog looks up from licking testicles and begins to wag tale..

I straighten my back to appear like i mean business and repeat phase two in a higher octave..

Dog then thinks its playtime and wags tale even more.

I then go in to grab the collar and the dog sits firmly down pulling back at the same time, this then becomes a battle of wills which takes all my strength to win.

Once dog is on floor as should be he will either give me a protest burp or wait for revenge which is usually taking a giant crap in my vegetable patch the next time he is on the garden.

(DDBS are renowned for their intelligence and mine knows how hard i work in my garden to try to get it looking nice, he has a massive wedge of grass to take a dump on but he chooses my raised veg bed)

Tell ya summert though...would be lost without the stupid slobbery gits :love:

Edited by Lucyjackson

ps...just to even the score..

My other half is 6 foot and built like a bricky and our ddb is a different animal completely when he gets in from work..

looks like butter would not melt in his mouth :hihi:

I guess they choose their owner :D

Ours are the other way round. They behave better for me. Hubby is a big bloke at 6'4 but he's like a big daft kid around the dogs. You could so be talking about my lot there :hihi:

I've given up trying to keep them off the sofas now

ps...just to even the score..

My other half is 6 foot and built like a bricky and our ddb is a different animal completely when he gets in from work..

looks like butter would not melt in his mouth :hihi:

I guess they choose their owner :D

They do! Mine are angels for my hubby too - he has no patience for them :hihi: and they have me wrapped around their paws. I just cannot be mad at them, even when they are being horrid, I just can't help but laugh at them and get shouted at by my hubby :hihi:

I did get fed up of them destroying their beds so I got them their own mattress with a waterproof sheet on and I nice sheet on top so I can just shove them in the washer. It saves me so much time cleaning up and they love it.