Sheffield United, financially 'Running on empty' says Wilson..

Because it's a forum about Sheffield football, this thread being about the finances of Sheffield United. If you want just a forum where you can discuss your own team then perhaps this open forum isn't for you.

I like to read about all things football and that includes United, although having seen them play i can see why the words 'football' and Sheffield United' probably don't go together too well :hihi:

To define the word 'obsessed' is...To have the mind excessively preoccupied with a single emotion or topic.

The above definition clearly doesn't apply to me, as i post on many subjects on this forum, unless like many 'fans' on here you haven't got the brain capacity to think things through before posting such a marvellous response, or perhaps 5 words in a line is your limit? I would assume that it might be, as i suspect you possibly usually use just the two words, with the second one being 'off' :D

Err, there's no need to be like that...... :hihi::hihi:

Cant ever remember being wound up though, did I miss that?

Yeah, it does appear the LB's memory is a little odd.

Take winding up orders? :loopy:

Next he'll be saying we ripped of local businesses and left people out of pocket. Oh, he already did :loopy:

A thread about united's pending doom, and he's got nothing to say other than 'well you stunk more than we did once!!'. Pitiful.

Yeah, it does appear the LB's memory is a little odd.

Take winding up orders? :loopy:

Next he'll be saying we ripped of local businesses and left people out of pocket. Oh, he already did :loopy:

A thread about united's pending doom, and he's got nothing to say other than 'well you stunk more than we did once!!'. Pitiful.

ha ha, really !! Owls still commenting on Blades finances !!! with your track record!!

remember Fargate ?? Save our Owls? Strafford and his begging bowl? the CO-OP bank? and MM fiding another big black hole?

"we could not even afford to buy paper clips" MM on the situation in S6 after he took over.

Footballs in a mess, and its sad to see clubs like Southampton Leeds and co. walking away from administration and prospering. Owls will always be tagged as being Welchers after the co-op saga, and again walking away from debts, yet again prospering!!

Am sure we all respect the many clubs still in debt, yet honourable and willing to pay their way.. ... and never resorting to rattling cans down fargate or welching on the banks.

Edited by TAT

ha ha, really !! Owls still commenting on Blades finances !!! with your track record!!

remember Fargate ?? Save our Owls? Strafford and his begging bowl? the CO-OP bank? and MM fiding another big black hole?

"we could not even afford to buy paper clips" MM on the situation in S6 after he took over.

Footballs in a mess, and its sad to see clubs like Southampton Leeds and co. walking away from administration and prospering. Owls will always be tagged as being Welchers after the co-op saga, and again walking away from debts, yet again prospering!!

Am sure we all respect the many clubs still in debt, yet honourable and willing to pay their way.. ... and never resorting to rattling cans down fargate or welching on the banks.

Yet again, you only want to drag up issues about what once was at Hillsborough (and some from over 40 years ago - how sad), and even then you present it wrapped in a bag of lies.

We've had this argument so many times before, and it will never be resolved. The only people who didn't get back what they put into Wednesday were the co-op, they took what they could, were happy with that, and overall they lost out on a gamble, so no tears there. Yet you make it out that we ripped people off, simply to divert away from the thread subject.

Which is the financial mess at the Lane.

The mess we were in is where you are now. We can afford paper clips now. You can't :hihi:.

And it will never get any better while united lose money on ticket sales, because there are part time glory hunters like you who aren't decent enough to renew their season tickets.

Supporter? You're havin a laugh.

Yet again, you only want to drag up issues about what once was at Hillsborough (and some from over 40 years ago - how sad), and even then you present it wrapped in a bag of lies.

We've had this argument so many times before, and it will never be resolved. The only people who didn't get back what they put into Wednesday were the co-op, they took what they could, were happy with that, and overall they lost out on a gamble, so no tears there. Yet you make it out that we ripped people off, simply to divert away from the thread subject.

The mess we were in is where you are now. We can afford paper clips now. You can't :hihi:.

And it will never get any better while united lose money on ticket sales, because there are part time glory hunters like you who aren't decent enough to renew their season tickets.

I will still attend the lane, season ticket or not LOL a poor responce from a poster trying to deflect from the Owls history of financial shame.

A club built on Hand outs , charity and welching !!

One gets the feeling your getting personal , with a view of getting the thread deleted :) the Owls track record is there for all to see!!

Edited by TAT

Everyone can slag each others club for not paying this, that and the other, but it's no good anyone sounding off about what your/my club did or didn't do, we as supporters have no say and are the innocent party as we are the ones who just want to go and watch football.

It's not my fault, Franks fault etc that Wednesday were in a financial mess, nor is it your fault (LB) that United are also now in the mire.

We as supporters have no say, so it's no good anyone coming on here saying you did this and didn't pay that...It's not a YOU but a THEY as in the clubs we support, unfortunately the fans always bear the brunt of ridicule.

Everyone can slag each others club for not paying this, that and the other, but it's no good anyone sounding off about what your/my club did or didn't do, we as supporters have no say and are the innocent party as we are the ones who just want to go and watch football.

It's not my fault, Franks fault etc that Wednesday were in a financial mess, nor is it your fault (LB) that United are also now in the mire.

We as supporters have no say, so it's no good anyone coming on here saying you did this and didn't pay that...It's not a YOU but a THEY as in the clubs we support, unfortunately the fans always bear the brunt of ridicule.

Agreed,its not our fault, and maybe my comments were a little harsh, even if true in responce to Owls having the gaul to comment on another clubs finance.

But a brief return to your comments, am certain United have and always do pay their way. (to date anyway :) )

I will withdraw gracefully after your reasoned post.

Edited by TAT

The lack of comings and goings at the Lane is a little suprising as i thought the big earners would be gone by now.

The owls have signed 5 players and i see the thread says 5 GREAT SIGNINGS, but hardly the massive money spinning transfers and big name players they were getting giddy about... Seems to me they are just bringing in players to cover positions, So for all their bluster and chest puffing I see nothing to suggest they will finish higher than mid table.

Theres a couple of giraffes at the Toronto zoo towd Jones might want to come and look at and sign

The lack of comings and goings at the Lane is a little suprising as i thought the big earners would be gone by now.

The owls have signed 5 players and i see the thread says 5 GREAT SIGNINGS, but hardly the massive money spinning transfers and big name players they were getting giddy about... Seems to me they are just bringing in players to cover positions, So for all their bluster and chest puffing I see nothing to suggest they will finish higher than mid table.

Theres a couple of giraffes at the Toronto zoo towd Jones might want to come and look at and sign

I think some of our flock (especially the younger ones) have been getting a little carried away with the relative success of promotion, and fair play, the way we did it and a terrible previous 10 years combined it's not surprising that a certain few are enjoying it all. I for one am a little bit more realistic and I would be more than happy with a mid-table finish to build on further, anything else would be a very welcome bonus!

Amazing isn't it. One side of Sheffield football is in a desperate mess, and all some of their fans can do is try to drag up history and fiction on their bigger, better rivals.

I'm over 6 foot now, but I was once 2 foot tall. Does that mean you can call me shorty?

We've had hard times, but like any good businesses we played the game, and we got through it, and no one involved is complaining (unless you can prove otherwise??).

As the OP states, there is no funding for the club in place. The club is running on empty(wheras we are not). I'd be wrorried if I wore red and white.

Yes I can Frank! :hihi:

You can't have it both ways though, until this year, when you finally had bragging rights over SUFC, all we heard from a lot (not all) of the Owls fans on here were past glories.

Agree 100% with the highlighted part there Billy lad, we are all just simply spectators, all we can choose to do is attend the game or not.