Sheffield United, financially 'Running on empty' says Wilson..

Article from todays Yorkshire Post

http://http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/blades-stall-on-player-movement-as-budgets-are-finalised-1-4660536

Alarming times for United with quotes such as:

“Until we get the budgets and until we know exactly what is at our disposal – if anything – we can’t start to move,” he said. “We have to understand that (chairman) Kevin McCabe funds everything. The club has run on empty for quite a few months now and it is down to them to put money in. But it’s not a bottomless pit is it?”

“We never want to be in this position where we are losing players like we are. You have to be in control of those situations but, at this moment, the players are in control and you don’t want the tail wagging the dog"

“We would prefer to know what is happening sooner rather than later,” he stressed. “I am not in a position where I can make approaches of my own. We have to see what is available first and that’s the frustrating thing.”

“It could well be a ‘major overhaul’ this summer,” he said. “ Not by choice but that is the circumstances that could prevail"

What do you think Blades?

Article from todays Yorkshire Post

http://http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/blades-stall-on-player-movement-as-budgets-are-finalised-1-4660536

Alarming times for United with quotes such as:

“Until we get the budgets and until we know exactly what is at our disposal – if anything – we can’t start to move,” he said. “We have to understand that (chairman) Kevin McCabe funds everything. The club has run on empty for quite a few months now and it is down to them to put money in. But it’s not a bottomless pit is it?”

“We never want to be in this position where we are losing players like we are. You have to be in control of those situations but, at this moment, the players are in control and you don’t want the tail wagging the dog"

“We would prefer to know what is happening sooner rather than later,” he stressed. “I am not in a position where I can make approaches of my own. We have to see what is available first and that’s the frustrating thing.”

“It could well be a ‘major overhaul’ this summer,” he said. “ Not by choice but that is the circumstances that could prevail"

What do you think Blades?

Come on Kevin, this should be the final pointer. Into Hillsborough please Mr Mcdonald. :heyhey::banana:

Running on empty? I remember us freewheeling downhill on rims the Blades are lucky to have Mr McCabe putting his hand in his pocket!

NO WINDING UP ORDERS IN SIGHT !!! i think the Owls are well in front on that score:)

Thanks for your concern on all issues United Speedy. But i shall only start panicing, on sight of the first winding up order, and then sweat when we reach the half dozen mark like the Owls:)

Leave us to worry about this awful division, and lets leave the finace to the directors for now.

Shame we have no co-op bank to help us, but there again the Owls made sure they got out of football quick and for good :(

Some one one day will get our club on the cheap, hopefuly a little more than the £1 sale the Owls attained from a football journey man.

Cant blame Mc Cabe for closing the purse at all.

NO WINDING UP ORDERS IN SIGHT !!! i think the Owls are well in front on that score:)

Thanks for your concern on all issues United Speedy. But i shall only start panicing, on sight of the first winding up order, and then sweat when we reach the half dozen mark like the Owls:)

Leave us to worry about this awful division, and lets leave the finace to the directors for now.

Shame we have no co-op bank to help us, but there again the Owls made sure they got out of football quick and for good :(

Some one one day will get our club on the cheap, hopefuly a little more than the £1 sale the Owls attained from a football journey man.

And there's the bite ! :hihi:

I don't think this thread is anything to do with Wednesday.

I can't see why you brought them into it at all, never mind right at the start?

why read it then................... obsessed?

why read it then................... obsessed?

Why reply then ................... Upset ;)

In a thread started by an Owl, why in debate is it a suprise the Owls are brough in to the thread?

More so a thread about UNITEDS finance !! As the Owls are a prime example how by being underhand you can prosper.

United however , seem to be accepting hard times and changing markets, and cutting their cloth accordingly.

Still not welching on local suppliers, bills, taxmen or banks.

In a thread started by an Owl, why in debate is it a suprise the Owls are brough in to the thread?

More so a thread about UNITEDS finance !! As the Owls are a prime example how by being underhand you can prosper.

United however , seem to be accepting hard times and changing markets, and cutting their cloth accordingly.

Still not welching on local suppliers, bills, taxmen or banks.

Is it anything still to do with Agent ( OWL) Wilson still being in charge of the blades ?????????????????? or that the blades finances have been brought up by an owl :o:hihi:

Why reply then ................... Upset ;)

not at all my freind, seen harder times than this at bdtbl and come through it, but i must say not as hard as you boys......remember save our owls?

Amazing isn't it. One side of Sheffield football is in a desperate mess, and all some of their fans can do is try to drag up history and fiction on their bigger, better rivals.

I'm over 6 foot now, but I was once 2 foot tall. Does that mean you can call me shorty?

We've had hard times, but like any good businesses we played the game, and we got through it, and no one involved is complaining (unless you can prove otherwise??).

As the OP states, there is no funding for the club in place. The club is running on empty(wheras we are not). I'd be wrorried if I wore red and white.