Anyone worked at KnowHow / Dixons call centre in Sheffield?

Hi,

Has anyone here worked at Knowhow / Dixons call centre in Sheffield? How is it like?

How was the interview like?

Many Thanks

Depends what department you're going on. Are you going on a temp contract through Blue Arrow or on a perm contract through Knowhow themselves?

I worked there years ago

When it was dixions originally and i hated it!!!!

I did a temp contract with blue arrow they are the only ones that hire for dixons now.

The agency was fab but knowhow procedures and rules and regs are ridiculous.

I worked on the chase dept where people called to track progress of repairs and delivery of them - 9 times out of ten your unit would got to the repair centre and either get lost on the way to there damaged on the way back or lost in the warehouse.

They give a 10 day promise for the repair and delivery of the product and it never sticks to 10 days its nearly always longer.

You do get alot of stick from the customers that call understandably as theyre ****** off!

There is a reason KNowhow has been on watchdog so many times.

Would strongly reccomend you dont get a job there!!!!!

Also alot of my friends got laid off as was not busy at all with no notice what so ever came in to office at 9 ready to start and by 11.30 theyd been laid off and sent home!!

I did a temp contract with blue arrow they are the only ones that hire for dixons now.

The agency was fab but knowhow procedures and rules and regs are ridiculous.

I worked on the chase dept where people called to track progress of repairs and delivery of them - 9 times out of ten your unit would got to the repair centre and either get lost on the way to there damaged on the way back or lost in the warehouse.

They give a 10 day promise for the repair and delivery of the product and it never sticks to 10 days its nearly always longer.

You do get alot of stick from the customers that call understandably as theyre ****** off!

There is a reason KNowhow has been on watchdog so many times.

Would strongly reccomend you dont get a job there!!!!!

Also alot of my friends got laid off as was not busy at all with no notice what so ever came in to office at 9 ready to start and by 11.30 theyd been laid off and sent home!!

So shocked to hear.

How are the team leaders like? and what are the chances for the bonus?

I am surprised to hear that your friends have been laid off, did they by any chance do something wrong? or were they sacked for nothing.

They would have been Temps, there are worse places to work and believe me I have been in some of them, I'm still there 8 years perm plus 1 temp in October

They would have been Temps, there are worse places to work and believe me I have been in some of them, I'm still there 8 years perm plus 1 temp in October

wow, 8 years, you must be good. Thats a long time for one place, well done mate. :)

- How are the Bonuses like? are they even possible to achieve?

- How are the other people working there like?

- I heard that there's a limit to how long you can stay on the phone, whats that all about???

So shocked to hear.

How are the team leaders like? and what are the chances for the bonus?

I am surprised to hear that your friends have been laid off, did they by any chance do something wrong? or were they sacked for nothing.

The team leaders are like little hitlers there, thinking they own the place

My team leader was ace but he left! Shows how pants it is. My friends did nothing wrong - in that place your a number not a person...

Honestly its awful - worst job i have ever had!

could be worse, you could have got a job at voice or ant marketing haha

There is a bonus still which has been easier to achieve, I've been there for just over 2 year's on the Technical department, my team leader is spot on couldn't ask for anyone better