Quiet Semi Countryside Walks In Sheffield?

Part of it is blocked off - due to some irate farmer. What's the name of the pub again? The one at Ford? It's proper old and base stuff.

The Bridge Inn.

The Bridge Inn.

I have to be honest evertywebsites I don't like the pub. I went in a few years ago in that bit that allows dogs. It had all theses rough locals in with big dogs and the landlady looked at me funny.

I have to be honest evertywebsites I don't like the pub. I went in a few years ago in that bit that allows dogs. It had all theses rough locals in with big dogs and the landlady looked at me funny.

I think it's changed owners since then, It did go a bit rubbish a few years ago, I've not been in the pub recently, but I've heard it's good now. It looked busy when I went past on Sunday afternoon. There's a posh pub up at Troway & a strange looking one too - it was shut at 8pm on a Friday night when I tried to go.

Edited by anywebsite

I think it's changed owners since then, I've not been in the pub recently, but I've heard it's good now. It looked busy when I went past on Sunday afternoon. There's a posh pub up at Troway & a strange looking one too - it was shut at 8pm on a Friday night when I tried to go.

Thank you for that. I will have a peep in the afternoon at The Bridge. I know the walk to 'Eccky' back in the day was quite nice. Has some really remote streams and you can see Sheep and Cows close up.

Get the tram to Hillsborough, and have a stroll round the park. You can see the squirrels and ducks. Take sandwiches and have a picnic. When you get fed up of grass and trees, walk down to the precinct and treat yourself to something nice in Home Bargains. Walk down past the weir (little waterfall) and there are several pubs, including a Wetherspoons, so you won't be thirsty. Tram back to town and catch your bus.

A grand day out. :)

I know what you are saying but don't know what you mean. I have some old headlights and a plastic roof cover to make the car look like a jag. But - I don't care about saving the planet.

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

My bro lives in that posh house 40yards up the road from it.

Been in a few times...Full of aliens,and lizard llike half-humans.

get the tram to herdings terminus-- and take a walk round Herdings park. Then cross the road and walk down hill through the woods into Gleadless valley. 7 woods in total so loads to explore but if you go straight downand through the underpass under Blackstock road and continue through passed Bankwood school you can turn left across the meadows and up the hill by the golf course to Norton and the New Inn which does nice food and is only a short walk from Graves park. Other paths will take you to Bishops house, or Meersbrook park-- or carry on the bottom path and explore Heeley. The woods end at Cat lane but walk down Gleadless Road to the co-op and turn left, cross the crossing to the medical centre and follow the path by the side of it there is a lovely little park, then across Gleadless Road is a secret garden with picnic area by the entrance to Annes Road school. Carry on down to the millenium park with Heeley city farm opposite. There are a couple of nice pubs down the hill from the park, or if you carry on under the bridge to London road and turn right Langtons Antique centre has a nice cafe and if you are into antiques straight opposite there is Broadfield road which has three antiques centres on it and leads up to Abbeydale Road which is a haven for antiques and second and shops.

I can also recomend the walk from the end of Middlewood Park through Beeley woods to Oughtibridge where there is Coronation Park just across the road and a nice cafe - and pubs up in the villiage. Any other area you fancy just ask?

Park on Thryft Lane, off Ringinglow Road and take a walk round Whirlow Farm, the piglets are doing their thing at the moment and there is a shop and cafe. Finish up at the Hammer and Pincers for a nice pint, but best to wait till you get home to eat.

My bro lives in that posh house 40yards up the road from it.

The one that used to be a toilet? :suspect:

get the tram to herdings terminus-- and take a walk round Herdings park. Then cross the road and walk down hill through the woods into Gleadless valley. 7 woods in total so loads to explore but if you go straight downand through the underpass under Blackstock road and continue through passed Bankwood school you can turn left across the meadows and up the hill by the golf course to Norton and the New Inn which does nice food and is only a short walk from Graves park. Other paths will take you to Bishops house, or Meersbrook park-- or carry on the bottom path and explore Heeley. The woods end at Cat lane but walk down Gleadless Road to the co-op and turn left, cross the crossing to the medical centre and follow the path by the side of it there is a lovely little park, then across Gleadless Road is a secret garden with picnic area by the entrance to Annes Road school. Carry on down to the millenium park with Heeley city farm opposite. There are a couple of nice pubs down the hill from the park, or if you carry on under the bridge to London road and turn right Langtons Antique centre has a nice cafe and if you are into antiques straight opposite there is Broadfield road which has three antiques centres on it and leads up to Abbeydale Road which is a haven for antiques and second and shops.

I can also recomend the walk from the end of Middlewood Park through Beeley woods to Oughtibridge where there is Coronation Park just across the road and a nice cafe - and pubs up in the villiage. Any other area you fancy just ask?

Make sure you take your rape alarm if you're wandering around the woods near Blackstock Road. You probably shouldn't risk the food in the New Inn either, the chips are good, but nothing else is.