Thoughts on bathroom quote received?

Thats not a bad price i would say. I imagine if its one person theyre gonna be there 2 to 3 weeks and theyve got materials to pay for, plaster, adhesive, pipe and fittings. Soil pipes arent cheap etc. Plus all the responsability of fitting your new suite and tiles without any damage and to a good standard. Like someone said ya might get a non-tradesman whod bodge it in cheap to top up there dole money.

Deleted post

Edited by karl2784

Try telling my partner that mcplumbing!! He says he will do it himself!

As long as you realise that putting right a bathroom that has not been fitted correctly can cost more than paying someone to do it professionally in the first place. If you get a plumber/bathroom fitter to do it, you can withhold part payment until the job is completed to your satisfaction. Most plumbers would not expect payment in full until the customer is satifised.

Five years ago, I had my bathroom ripped out, and a wet-room installed. Loo, sink, shower unit replaced, wall tiles and flooring installed, as well as sundry electrical and plumbing work.

They also painted the door and window frame, and emulsioned the small amount of wall that was un-tiled. (about 6' long by 7 feet high)

That was approx £3,800 in total, back then, and was a good price, IMO. I'd say the quote for the work he will do is very good.

I think that sounds ok for 2k (You didn't say how big your bathroom is). I had a bathroom re-tiled (Walls & Floor) and re-fit for a quote of about £1500 (6x6ft). Left them to it for a fortnight while we went on holiday. They made a right balls of it, and the outcome was they didn't get a bean! Apparently qualified tiler plus another guy qualified plumber.

If people are boasting qualification papers ask to see them first (also make sure you know what legitimate papers look like). Apart from the tilling which isn't perfect, I did the full refit myself, and re-laid the tiled floor where every tile had cracked due to not being boarded out. Idiots.

Don't pay until they've done, and you're 100% happy with it.

As previous post as said have it done right

That's the thing isn't it, how do you know it's being done wrong until it's done?

I'd ask for references and follow them up with such a large amount too.

References,recommendations,etc etc but as far as the price goses £2000 is good considering materials and labour

I do all that, provide the insurances and qualifications, everything in writing, paid on completion by cheque etc and then lose the job to some cheapo anyway!!!!

There are chancers on both sides of the counter and cash is King!

Edited by retired

£2k is a very fair price try searching some of the materials he will have to buy

soil stack.tile adis ext are not cheap theres easy weeks work for 1 maybe longer tax diesel insurance ext

£2k is a very fair price try searching some of the materials he will have to buy

soil stack.tile adis ext are not cheap theres easy weeks work for 1 maybe longer tax diesel insurance ext

:o:o:o

I knew I was getting a bit slower in my old age, but if you can manage that in a week, its definitely time I wrapped up !.........

I think its a very good price. As you have seen their work before and were suitably impressed, that speaks volumes.

I had HYDROLEAK off here recently do me my bathroom refurb and it involved sub contract joiners, plasterers and electricians. It took two weeks and never less then a 9 hr day so 2k isn't to bad although I think he might be a tad cheaper. Excellent job and well pleased with the price.