Sheftival Festival - 4th/5th August 2012

It's worth watch twice.

Girlfriend cay buy her ticket then!

:hihi:

***breaking news*** the sun might not shine * never do anything * cancel all festivals * events * parties* barbecues* birthdays * weddings *

Due to the possibility of the sun not shining, everything has been cancelled. Activities other than wandering around Meadowhall buying crap you don't need are no longer permitted.

Tell your friends.

Yeah, that's exactly what I've said. You're very incisive.

for a festival that has a middling line up, no history, riding on the back of a free festival, i'm struggling for find £55 for three of us to come for the weekend (well four).

it may represent good value for some, and it's a nice enough idea, but considering i'll be getting more bands i like for free just before it, i'll take the family to the showroom instead - £14 for the three of us! ;D

Sheffield is rubbish at publicising its own events. I've missed all sorts of things, only hearing about them after the event.

Sheffield is rubbish at publicising its own events. I've missed all sorts of things, only hearing about them after the event.

Out of interest, and note I don't have anything to do with Sheftival but am involved with a couple of beer festivals, where ideally do you think events should be publicised?

Serious question, especially as things such as Sheftival are advertised on street posters, free magazines, local press, Sheffield Forum, Facebook, Twitter, Sheffield tourism website and more.

Well, I'm going. It looks like a great mix of activities on and I love a bit of Ska :D

Oh god here we go again.....

moan, moan, whine, whine, bitch, bitch.

You lot would be moaning if Leeds did something like this and we didn't. Now you are moaning because you are actually trying to do something.

"what if it rains" - take a bloody umbrella then.

"its too expensive" - acts don't play for free. Why not actually take a look at all the free stuff that's being provided.

"whose going to pick up the bill" - errmmm, Duh, maybe the sponsors?

God sake. Reading this forum sometimes makes me so mad. A bunch of whinging whining hypocrits who will no doubt be there enjoying the freebies and having a drink in the sun at one of the many cash bars after slagging it off on here.

Just like the olympic torch events, just like last year's tramlines, just like the Sheffield Comedy Festival every year.

Lighten up.

Looks a fantastic a couple of days, at real bargain prices , and someone as gone to a lot of effort to pull it all together. I think some folk on here need to get a grip on their sad life's moaning about , worrying about , if rain might come etc etc. Lifes what you make it. I for one , along with many other friends will be there rain , or sunshine. Enjoying ourselves.

Out of interest though, does the poster advertising the event actually say where it is . The one I saw on Facebook didn't and I had to google it to find where it was going to be held .

It seems good value to me for a full days entertainment.

The music doesn't interest me, but ice skating, a chance to see my ice hockey team, watching our Jess , enjoying different foods and quaffing a few beers certainly does.

The last time I looked Don Valley Stadium, Ice Sheffield and the Institute for Sport were all under cover, so even if it rains it won't be a dead loss.

I'm not one for attending events (except beer festivals and ice hockey), but this certainly appeals.

Regards

Doom

Not really heard much about this although there saying it,s going to be huuuuge! Anybody know any more?

About time Sheffield had something huge happening, might buy myself a ticket then