Sheftival Festival - 4th/5th August 2012

I don't get this. Who buys tickets for a festival before you knw who's on?

For all the big festivals, it's the norm. It's £20 for two days, that's a tenner a day. Just go skating if you don't like the bands. Anyway, the announcements on Thurs.

LINE UP ANNOUNCED YESTERDAY! THERE ARE SOME HUGE ACTS:

TOOTS AND THE MAYTALS

THE SELECTER

THE BEAT

MACKA B

THE LIGHTNING SEEDS

JUNGLE LION

RENEGADE BRASS BAND

And many more!

Check the website for details :-)

http://www.sheftival.co.uk/

This festival smacks of a dead dud. They say they're going to get 50,000 people there, how??

It's only six weeks away and nobody is talking about it. I see nobody's even mentioned it on here for a fortnight, it's got less than 900 Facebook "likes", it's a non event. The only people who mention it on Twitter are working on it.

The line up is rubbish, it won't attract anybody. Why is no one getting upset at the amount of money that Sheffield International Venues must be spending on this? They can dress it up all they like, they run public buildings with public money.

I know they keep talking about The Real Radio stage, but doesn't that happen every year anyway at the big fireworks event? And aren't Real Radio just about to get closed down? http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/jun/14/global-radio-gmg-deal-close?newsfeed=true

They should pull the plug now, before they waste any more money.

Edited by Sheffieldbee

what's this? not heard of it?

is it a knock-off tramlines or something?

The line up is rubbish, it won't attract anybody.

I think that the saturday line up is very good - far better than I'd thought it'd be when I heard the plan for the festival - though cannot imagine it attracting 50,000 (where did you get that figure from?)

thought it looked a bit pricey for me... especially when there's a free festival with more to offer on just after it! as a family on a budget, i know what i'll be picking.

900 is just on a facebook page im going and im not on facebook

NightFlight, it's not a knock off of Tramlines, it's run by Tramlines. They've simply closed down their busiest stage, the Saturday afternoon pop stage, and now hope to put it at Sheftival, where you have to pay for it.

Jake, the 50,000 figure is from their website, that's how many they say they are expecting.

NightFlight, it's not a knock off of Tramlines, it's run by Tramlines. They've simply closed down their busiest stage, the Saturday afternoon pop stage, and now hope to put it at Sheftival, where you have to pay for it.

Jake, the 50,000 figure is from their website, that's how many they say they are expecting.

I think the logic was that the crowds were getting a bit out of hand at Tramlines - so getting rid of the more mainstream city centre stage would calm things down a bit - But i'm a bit confused as I thought the idea was to have the Hallam FM/pop stage as the standalone Don Valley festival? Much as *I* like the Saturday line up - i'm not really in the target demographic for a mainstream pop stage !

edit: I noticed Hallam FM are not involved now

Edited by jake

It seems to be a real mess. They're doing at least half a dozen different kinds of festival in one, which just means that no one will think it's for them.