Rabone Chestermans Pomona Street

did you work at Rabone Chestermans alongside, trevor rowbottom, peter parker, maurice Grainger, Fred widdowson, Mick Wall, Harry Church, Dave Jones ETC

what ever happened to Jonny Lister who drove around on that little lister truck.

me ex is carl pye

his father joe and brother joe worked there

jean critchlow is a nasty piece of work from what I recall

i know my dad worked there i think in the 70's george darwent ,van driver so must have known the people in the timehouse' and at dormer twist drill on cemetry rd , so did most of my family (on and off). i went to school with alan the son of the rising sun landlord in the 60's

I can remember your dad as one of the van drivers.

I also remember big Alan "jellytots" from his time in the toolroom.

Good lad who sadly died some years ago at a very young age.

Next time you see Paul tell him an old toolroom/drawing office pal was asking after him.........

hi nice to see this thread suface once again. Now then last orders would you be Ian Skinner at all.

not much gets past you Mr. D. :D

20 years since those old RC days but many memories, hope you are keeping well. :thumbsup:

not much gets past you Mr. D. :D

20 years since those old RC days but many memories, hope you are keeping well. :thumbsup:

Yes fine thanks Ian. Im at caravan this week (you know things that old gits do) LOL. You still in sheffield about time to get together over a pint or 2/3/4 who knows. (sorry did'nt see North Yorkshire). So no pint then. Damm Tut Tut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In York at the moment but occasionally visit Sheffield.

We will have to try to get a few of the lads together for a few beers, perhaps in the new year. I am meeting Ian Hague sometime before xmas, be the first time we've met for 20+ years. I will suggest it to him, I also have Henry W's number so we could get in touch with him as well.

Enjoy your break old timer, hope you took your "zimmer"

In York at the moment but occasionally visit Sheffield.

We will have to try to get a few of the lads together for a few beers, perhaps in the new year. I am meeting Ian Hague sometime before xmas, be the first time we've met for 20+ years. I will suggest it to him, I also have Henry W's number so we could get in touch with him as well.

Enjoy your break old timer, hope you took your "zimmer"

Yes that would be great if it can be arranged. Just pm you

hi Everyone I have just found this forum and remember some of the names. My Dad was Charlie (Wag) Dunmall who worked on a lathe. He worked there for 50+ years until 1974. He had a Norton,& a BSA Gold Wing m/cycle & sidecar & then a "new" Ford Pop car. I remember that when I was a little girl I used to go down Frog Walk and wave to him through the windows at the back across the river Porter. The names I remember are Alf Gregory, Alf Pinder, Keith Burgin, Bill Badger, Sylvia Matthews & her Dad (can't remember his name), Albert Bagnall.... there must be more.

I also remember the Sports Days they had at sports ground on Tom Lane.

I still have a lot of my Dad's rules, micrometers, tapes, feeler guages etc.

I am also trying to research my family history & wonder whether my grandfather & great grandfather worked at Chesterman's. Does anyone know where I can find any employee records please?