Rabone Chestermans Pomona Street

My wife worked in the F&F department in 1964 for about eight years. Ray Finlay was the charge hand, other people would be Ray Mayfield, Jean, and a little Italian fella, Irish Chris. My wifes nickname was "Pink Knickers". Kath Fowler, Pat Aston, Christine Stubbs, Dot Buzzie, Christine Kempton. Too many names to remember.

Originally posted by Jossman

My wife worked in the F&F department in 1964 for about eight years. Ray Finlay was the charge hand, other people would be Ray Mayfield, Jean, and a little Italian fella, Irish Chris. My wifes nickname was "Pink Knickers". Kath Fowler, Pat Aston, Christine Stubbs, Dot Buzzie, Christine Kempton. Too many names to remember.

I was there from 1974 people i know from your list is:

Jean Chritchlow?

Joe (the italian fella)?

Kath Fowler think i know her.

A mate of mine used to work there in the mid to late 80's. He was called Robert ( Bob ) Jolley. A good laugh when he wasn't angry with someone or other. Just kidding Bob!!!!!

Originally posted by tenerifeblad

A mate of mine used to work there in the mid to late 80's. He was called Robert ( Bob ) Jolley. A good laugh when he wasn't angry with someone or other. Just kidding Bob!!!!!

WOW Bob jolly what a lad, also his mom worked there as well.

Yes he did have a bit of a temper.

Hi Sneaks I suspect you may be Paul Deakin. Am I correct?

hi too to big kev - I rember your stepmum too, a lovely lady!

I also remember Ted Peg and i'm pretty sure he didn't have a wooden leg!

Does anyone remember Billy Badger, Sid Marsden, Ken Glossop, Alf Gregory?

Hi last orders I think you may have got it wrong she wasnt my stepmum but my foster mum and yes she was one of the best people to know and a bl**dy good cook as well. she got on with everybody at rabone chestermans I can just see her coming out of the timehouse now with a big smile on her face and always pleased to see me. I dont know if you can remember this but she once worked in the canteen without her underneath skirt on and everybody could see her knickers through her overall it was made a lot worse when she went near the windows as her overall looked transparent. I can always remember that when she told me what had happened.

Hi, last orders, do you remember the Matthews sisters that worked there?

Hi flashbang

yes I think I do remember them. Do you know which department they worked in?

Carpenter squares, holesaws, cant remember other department but John Shirtcliff, Marie and Betty worked there.

What department did you work in, and do you remember Jean Hall?

Originally the tool room and then later in the drawing office.

Jean Hall did she work in the steel rule dept?