Rabone Chestermans Pomona Street

My Aunty worked there for many years, must have been in the 1950s her name was Beatrice Hodgson She was always called Beaty.

Anyone remember her?

i cannot remember you Terry,remember Arthur Lax Gary Stringer,Alan Clarke,Brian Gunstone,Frank Smith,Polly,Maurice Grainger,Jim Swift,Harry Shaw,Ted Myers,Alf Pinder,

Alf Gregory,Harry Eastwood,plus loads more already mentioned,

I remember Arthur and Gary Stringer the foreman Do you remember Gerry at all he came to my wedding in 1969 What,s your name please ?

i cannot remember you Terry,remember Arthur Lax Gary Stringer,Alan Clarke,Brian Gunstone,Frank Smith,Polly,Maurice Grainger,Jim Swift,Harry Shaw,Ted Myers,Alf Pinder,

Alf Gregory,Harry Eastwood,plus loads more already mentioned,

now OLDOWL from the names you mention it looks like you worked in the fitting shop, certainly some characters amongst that lot....:hihi:

now OLDOWL from the names you mention it looks like you worked in the fitting shop, certainly some characters amongst that lot....:hihi:

You are right Last Orders i served my apprenticeship in the fitting shop firstly with Alf Pinder Then with Harry Shaw And Jim Swift,i must admit i was a very

cheeky apprentice but Harry, Jim and Ted sorted me out smashing blokes they were,without their knowledge and training i would not be in the good job i am in now.

My father in law Cliff worked at chestermans in the 70's 80's and my other half did for a short time as did most of the family.

I worked at rabones from leaving school right up to it closing. Started in f&f dept on top floor then served my apprenticeship in the toolroom. Ended up running press shop & chrome shop as chargehand. My name. Can you guest who i am.

is you'r name Tony?

is you'r name Tony?
Not Tony I definately know who Sneaks is my fellas cousin!

Not Tony I definately know who Sneaks is my fellas cousin!

Next time you see Paul tell him an old toolroom/drawing office pal was asking after him.........

Next time you see Paul tell him an old toolroom/drawing office pal was asking after him.........
:hihi:I will

i will tell paul as soon as he gets back from work later.

i will tell paul as soon as he gets back from work later.
Ask him if he is coming to the wedding.