Benefits for striking workers to stop

Going on strike always has meant having nothing to live on. Employers do not pay people to refuse to turn up.

Why should the fact that some of those people are on working tax credits, make any difference? People going on strike should not get paid.

No-dependents have been entitled to benefits and the most organised unions distribute strlke-pay.Many people supported miners in 1984 by giving-I dont expect you chose this outlet for your cash though.

All im saying is we all work for a pitance and its the governments way to keep it like that. It shouldnt be allowed

keep up matey we are talking about benefits in the shape of tax credits:roll::roll: shheesh some people

Exactly matey …….. people on strike don’t get paid which is what’s being suggested by some.

There should be a law that prevents businesses from paying people so badly that the state needs to top up their wages. People strike because of low pay and conditions and the tories respond by trying to stamp people further into the ground. It's a shame the tories can't can't put as much effort into catching and punishing tax dodgers.

oooh i havent got all night;)

Could make a good thread this, I'll start with you dressed in a gimp outfit giving striking workers lessons in grammar and punctuation.

Edited by Stan Tamudo

Could make a good thread this, I'll start with you dressed in a gimp outfit giving striking workers lessons in grammar and punctuation.

aww the secret is out:mad:

This whole story is stupendously out of order, and sounds like a Daily Mail thing.

If a strike is called, strike pay is paid by the Union, not the Government.

That is why we are in Unions for heavens sake.

In fact in the last big strike, the Government actually confiscated the NUM's money, so it could not even pay strike pay. ********. as the editor says no, let me say king williams

This whole story is stupendously out of order, and sounds like a Daily Mail thing.

In fact in the last big strike, the Government actually confiscated the NUM's money, so it could not even pay strike pay. ********. as the editor says no, let me say king williams

I thought it was sequestrated to meet third party liabilities.

I thought it was sequestrated to meet third party liabilities.

Yes you would do.

Being related to the Tol Puddle martyrs, l can tell you it did'nt help them, they were sent to Australia for 7 years, then as they got older had to live in the workhouse. How sad is that

Now then.

Ignoring the occasional one day or even one week strikes, if someone was to go on strike and be unpaid for 6 months, their annual income would be halved.

For a family on low pay and with two children, it would not be unlikely for all of that lost pay to be made up by an increase in Working Tax Credit, if the claimant wished to declare a fall in income.

Revolution is coming!