Rodney King dead

his choice - he chose crime

Explain exactly how he chose to have four police officers beat him to within an inch of his life and leave him with permanent brain damage.

The police were acquited, As for Rodney King himself, he got engaged to one of the jurors from his trial and published a book in 2012 titled "The Riot Within: My Journey From Rebellion to Redemption".

But he also struggled with drug and alcohol abuse and had several brushes with the law over the years, and he eventually lost all his money.

sounds like crime to me

The police were acquited

And convicted and jailed in the ensuing re-trial.

But he also struggled with drug and alcohol abuse and had several brushes with the law over the years

sounds famillier :)

*gets coat*

sounds famillier :)

*gets coat*

dammit - why can't I have a 'like' button like other more popular social network websites? :hihi:

dammit - why can't I have a 'like' button like other more popular social network websites? :hihi:

errrrm cos its less popular?

thats what happens when your addicted to drugs and alcohol

OMG what it takes to bring you out of the closet :o

Ps how olds that little lad of yours now ?

Edited by poppins

Explain exactly how he chose to have four police officers beat him to within an inch of his life and leave him with permanent brain damage.

When King pulled over after a chase of several miles by the Highway Patrol and the LA Police dept which sometimes reached speeds of 100 MPH he was ordered to get down on the ground, which is standard police procedure.

King ignored the order and three policemen jumped him. King tossed them off without any effort and the sergeant concluded he was on PCP and then tasered him which had no effect.

A portion of that tape showing King charging at one of the cops named Powell was never shown by the media. Powell hit him on the head with his baton which knocked him to the ground and King continually attempted to rise to his feet again.

There was a standing order in the police dapartment against using a baton on the head but Powell was a F.U as many of his associates commented afterwards.

Earlier that evening during roll call Powell had failed a test in the proficient use of the baton even though he was training officer to a rookie named Timothy Wind and Wind succesfully passed the test.

It was all a giant F.U and Rodney King wasnt the only one to suffer brain damage.

A white man named Reginald Denny who was driving a cement truck was stopped by a group of youths when the rioting started, dragged from his truck and beaten unmercifully, one of the rioters named Damien Williams bashing his head in with a large brick.

In court Denny forgave his attackers but his job was finished and todays's he still recovering from the beating but with permanent brain damage

Edited by Harleyman

The police were acquited, As for Rodney King himself, he got engaged to one of the jurors from his trial and published a book in 2012 titled "The Riot Within: My Journey From Rebellion to Redemption".

But he also struggled with drug and alcohol abuse and had several brushes with the law over the years, and he eventually lost all his money.

sounds like crime to me

The 4 policemen were acquitted in the first trial by the State but there was a second trial in a Federal court. Two of the officers, Koon and Powell went to prison, the other two Ted Briseno and Timothy Wind did not but their careers were over

The 4 policemen were acquitted in the first trial by the State but there was a second trial in a Federal court. Two of the officers, Koon and Powell went to prison, the other two Ted Briseno and Timothy Wind did not but their careers were over

Thats a very unfortunate surname to have in America.

Thats a very unfortunate surname to have in America.

i was thinking that, hope he wasnt a member of the kkk