Any stagecoach drivers-sheffield

HI, DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW LONG THE CONTRACT IS AT THE MOMENT TO WORK WHEN JOINING STAGECOACH-SHEFFIELD PLEASE ???

I AM A PCV LICENCE HOLDER AND HAVE BEEN TOLD IF I DIDN,T HAVE A LICENCE YOU HAVE TO SIGN A CONTRACT TO WORK FOR THEM FOR 2-YEARS OR YOU HAVE TO PAY THE BALANCE WHAT YOU OWE WHICH STARTS AT £1300 ISH AND GOES DOWN EACH WEEK BUT HOW LONG IF I ALREADY HAVE A LICENCE ANYONE KNOW PLS ?? :confused:

REGARDS

FIXIT:help:

:help: :help:

Please don't post in all capitals or use text-speak

Guest busdriver1
HI, DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW LONG THE CONTRACT IS AT THE MOMENT TO WORK WHEN JOINING STAGECOACH-SHEFFIELD PLEASE ???

I AM A PCV LICENCE HOLDER AND HAVE BEEN TOLD IF I DIDN,T HAVE A LICENCE YOU HAVE TO SIGN A CONTRACT TO WORK FOR THEM FOR 2-YEARS OR YOU HAVE TO PAY THE BALANCE WHAT YOU OWE WHICH STARTS AT £1300 ISH AND GOES DOWN EACH WEEK BUT HOW LONG IF I ALREADY HAVE A LICENCE ANYONE KNOW PLS ?? :confused:

REGARDS

FIXIT:help:

:help: :help:

Dont worry. these "contracts" are not enforceable.

Please don't post in all capitals or use text-speak

Bless him, I bet it took him ages to type that with his one finger :hihi:

Bless him, I bet it took him ages to type that with his one finger :hihi:

And how long did you take? :hihi:

Yes its true,on First buses too.

There has NEVER been to the best of my knowledge a court case where they have managed to claim the money back.

As you already have a PCV it should be the normal 7 days or 30 days etc depending on their standard notice period

No. The "contract" is due to the training grant given to put you through the relevant tests, licenses etc. But because you have a PSV license already, it won't apply to you. I don't know if they do it for stagecoach but because I took my test for worst bus, they did it there.

Guest busdriver1
No. The "contract" is due to the training grant given to put you through the relevant tests, licenses etc. But because you have a PSV license already, it won't apply to you. I don't know if they do it for stagecoach but because I took my test for worst bus, they did it there.

The contracts are not enforceable as they cover trade training. Trade training is not payable by the employee. The contract is signed under duress as if you do not sign you do not get the job. There have been many cases in the small claims court where former employees have gone along and paid up because they know no better. Stagecoach no longer take people to the small claims court as they keep losing. They now sell the debts on and you get threatening letters from debt collection agencies who threaten balifs etc. This is just bluff as they cant get ballifs without a court order and cant get the court order if the debt is not legal. Just ignore them and they go away.

Guest busdriver1
There has NEVER been to the best of my knowledge a court case where they have managed to claim the money back.

As you already have a PCV it should be the normal 7 days or 30 days etc depending on their standard notice period

There have been many, they are done through the small claims court and if left undefended go through on a nod. To get rid of it you just need to attend and point out it was trade training and you signed under duress.