How to get a CRB check as a self employed person?

I will be starting up a new business as a dog walker in a few weeks and I need a CRB check before I begin, having looked on the Police website it appears that I cannot ask for one for myself as a self employed person.

Has anyone done this that can tell me how to get a basic CRB online if possible please?

If you do a Google search, there are several agencies listed.

If I remember right I used a company called Personnelchecks.co.uk.

Hope this helps

I will be starting up a new business as a dog walker in a few weeks and I need a CRB check before I begin, having looked on the Police website it appears that I cannot ask for one for myself as a self employed person.

Has anyone done this that can tell me how to get a basic CRB online if possible please?

I saw on a thread a while back that it was cheaper to have done via a Scotish Gov site.

Thank you mafya and greensheffi for your help.

I know that I sound really dim now but I really don't have a clue, is the disclosure the same as a CRB check would be? and can it be used in the same way?

Thank you mafya and greensheffi for your help.

I know that I sound really dim now but I really don't have a clue, is the disclosure the same as a CRB check would be? and can it be used in the same way?

It is the same thing. :)

Thank you, but I am still a bit lost, do you feel that I need the basic or standard check? as the basic is only showing unspent convictions, the standard shows all convictions but I am not eligible to apply for that one as a self employed person, I think my head is soon going to explode! :hihi:

Thank you, but I am still a bit lost, do you feel that I need the basic or standard check? as the basic is only showing unspent convictions, the standard shows all convictions but I am not eligible to apply for that one as a self employed person, I think my head is soon going to explode! :hihi:

If a conviction is spent than you don't need to declare it to anyone, just get a basic one and if any customer wants to see a higher level check they will have to get it done themselves.

I got mine through disclosurescotland. Think it cost me £17 for the basic one

Thanks a lot everyone you have helped immensely, I am going with the Scottish basic disclosure one.

Hi Muddy Paws,

I've just spent an interesting 5 minutes reading your webpage which is bright, colourful and 'very informative', so informative in fact it states; "I am CRB Checked and insured..."

If you're already CRB Checked then why bother asking Forum members how to go about getting a CRB Check? I don't see any point in this when you already know how to go about it, apart from trying to make Forum members look fools which I feel sure the large majority are not.