Speeding fines to be increased by 50%

Anticipation of a hazard doesn't involve movement, for instance a child running out from behind the big white van that you cdidn’t see would be on you bonnet before you saw them.

If I was overtaking a big stationary white van at 30mph and a child ran out from the far end of it as I was passing I would run into him. There is no doubt that. That would be the fault of the parent or guardian of the child.

But the cameras are very often not on the road. I would not be paying attention to the road if I was looking at everything off it!:)

They are almost always at the side of the road, parked on a verge or in a layby.

If you drive in such a way that you don't notice vehicles in those positions then despite what you say, I don't think you're driving very well.

But then I would say that, because I do agree that cameras are little to do with safety, but I don't find it hard to avoid paying a fine, even when I do choose to drive over the speed limit.

i have the lot and a dangerous goods licence.

Like i said the speedo cannot indicate safe driving.

So fare no one as said it does.

They are almost always at the side of the road, parked on a verge or in a layby.

If you drive in such a way that you don't notice vehicles in those positions then despite what you say, I don't think you're driving very well.

But then I would say that, because I do agree that cameras are little to do with safety, but I don't find it hard to avoid paying a fine, even when I do choose to drive over the speed limit.

I know of a mobile scamera that regularly parks where it can be seen in one direction, but cannot be seen coming the other way. Seeing it is nothing to do with perception , unless perception is the ability to see through a brick wall.

So fare no one as said it does.

Except you that is.:)

How could anyone with eyes not see that.:D

I know, hardly invisible or inconspicuous :D

I know of a mobile scamera that regularly parks where it can be seen in one direction, but cannot be seen coming the other way. Seeing it is nothing to do with perception , unless perception is the ability to see through a brick wall.

Does it have the ability to take photos through the brick wall? Otherwise I'd guess you're relatively safe when driving in that direction.

Does it have the ability to take photos through the brick wall? Otherwise I'd guess you're relatively safe when driving in that direction.

The van is placed behind the wall diagonally so that it can cheat drivers coming in either direction. The wall is perpendicular to the road.

Except you that is.:)

Hi Philpot, I was driving back from the pub last night when I a police car appeared in my rear view mirror, flashing his head lights etc. So I reluctantly pulled up, an officer gesticulated to me to open the window, which I did. The officer informed me that I had been doing 50 in a 30 zone. He asked had I been drinking I said yes, I'd had around 7 pints and that I was in a hurry to catch last orders in my local.

He asked if I would pay an on the spot fne, but I explained that, that would leave me short as I also needed to buy some fags when I got to the pub.

The officer sypathised with the situation immediately, wishing me well in my attempts to catch last orders, and shouted 'have one for me!' as I sped off.

Just goes to show that the enforcement agencies are not total killjoys!:)

Hi Philpot, I was driving back from the pub last night when I a police car appeared in my rear view mirror, flashing his head lights etc. So I reluctantly pulled up, an officer gesticulated to me to open the window, which I did. The officer informed me that I had been doing 50 in a 30 zone. He asked had I been drinking I said yes, I'd had around 7 pints and that I was in a hurry to catch last orders in my local.

He asked if I would pay an on the spot fne, but I explained that, that would leave me short as I also needed to buy some fags when I got to the pub.

The officer sypathised with the situation immediately, wishing me well in my attempts to catch last orders, and shouted 'have one for me!' as I sped off.

Just goes to show that the enforcement agencies are not total killjoys!:)

Awww....that is very nice of him.

A policeman once pulled me as I left a pub. He followed me for about 2 miles then pulled me up. He came to the window and cogratulated me on my excellent driving!

I thanked him saying"Yes I know but you have to take it steady after 10 pints":cool:

A policeman once pulled me as I left a pub. He followed me for about 2 miles then pulled me up. He came to the window and cogratulated me on my excellent driving!

I thanked him saying"Yes I know but you have to take it steady after 10 pints":cool:

Yes, it's good that there are some decent coppers around!:cool:

10 pints? I would've breathlised you and done you for being over the limit.