Moving house need to know the choice of schools please

Hi I'm hoping to be moving to Ashfield close at gledless common in the summer and needing to know what schools I cu send my son too!! So was wundring if anyone knew if I'd get him into charnock hall primary or gledless primary??? I really don't wana send him to valley primary atal!!! Thanks

Go to Sheffield council web site

In education there is a find school section.

Put in address or postcode and it well tell you which schools are in the catchment area.

Don't help him with his English homework.

Isn't that nice.

You are moving into the catchment for Bankwood Primary School.

How old is your child? Is it a new starter or a transfer?

I believe that both Gleadless & Charnock are oversubscribed, but currently children from Ashfield are attending both.

Oh that's good to know!! I've been told that Bankwood I my catchment but I don't feel confident in sending him there as heard bad stories!! Charnock and gledless armt that far so I'm hoping to appeal and try and get my way in!! It's soo frustrating!! I'm just wanting to know how lenient they are in letting em in!

I'm not sure how lenient, it depends how oversubscribed they are - Theres a limit to how many kids they can have per teacher that they just can't exceed any more. Is that also quite close to Valley Park school too? Not sure what that place is like though x

Hi also try Intake school on Mansfield Road, its only another 5 minutes walk from Gleadless.

If your child does go to Bankwood, I pick up from that school (Along with St. Thomas of Canterbury)

That's if you needed a childminder of course

Good luck with the move.

Hi, my friend used to rent a house on Ashfield Close and her son went to Charnock first, then Springs Academy was the secondary school for their catchment. Hope that helps :)

Thanks very much guys feel better knowing that and flutter bye I'll keep u in mind as eventually I'll be needing a childminder for if he does go to Bankwood. Thanks

.......... then Springs Academy was the secondary school for their catchment. ........

......... which is a much more important factor to be thinking about!

......... which is a much more important factor to be thinking about!

I'd disagree with that entirely. With how Gove's new education system works the most important level a child gets in their entire school career is the assessment at the end of their first year. After this schools must ensure that children make X levels of progress every academic year. The higher the level students achieve in this first year the higher the expectations they will achieve at secondary school.

We *must* make 3 levels of progress of with EVERY student based on their KS2 scores and 4 with most of them. That KS2 sub-level is itself set as a target fairly early on in primary school.