Police in Stannington 15 June 2012

People in Chesterfield have "s" postcodes but don't live in Sheffield.

Lame.

"Stannington" on a postal address is pretty clear cut and beyond argument.

Stannington's boundaries were altered in the 50's or 60's I think, so you're just going to have to suck eggs. :lol:

Please, please, don't start this up again. "Where is the Stannington boundary" threads appear on this Forum 2 or 3 times a year & maunder on for pages. Use the search engine & see how hackneyed this argument is & don't use it to hi-jack the thread. Those of us who know Stannington, wherever you feel it may be, actually want to know what and where the incident was. We've had a series of incidents up at the shops where I mentioned & it's important to know if this is a continuation.

If anyone has any info, could they please post?

At this point I'd like to bring RosyRat's post up and turn it into a proper warning. This thread is NOT about where may or may not be Stannington, it's about identifying the location of an incident. Please keep to that rather than arguing about where boundaries lie.

There is a Bookies on Stannington Road, it's on the row of shops opposite the Deer Park Flats.

this is the one https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=53.392125,-1.528856&ll=53.392249,-1.528772&spn=0.00088,0.002642&num=1&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cbll=53.392249,-1.528772&panoid=CI7bxA1Wl1xpwYyml69XHg&cbp=12,191.56,,0,0

Edited by 4x4club

Thank you, 4x4. We were concerned that there had been another incident at the hardware shop further up the road. Hope everything is O.K. at the Deer Park shops.

Crime is getting bad around there, would be safer on the Manor.

Thank you, 4x4. We were concerned that there had been another incident at the hardware shop further up the road. Hope everything is O.K. at the Deer Park shops.

So the debate upthread about Stanningtons' boundaries was necassary.

Crime is getting bad around there, would be safer on the Manor.

Stop trolling, Stannington is nowhere near as rough as Manor and you know it, especially seeing as most of the estates in Stannington are populated by young families or pensioners.

Stop trolling, Stannington is nowhere near as rough as Manor and you know it, especially seeing as most of the estates in Stannington are populated by young families or pensioners.

I don't see any bookies on the manor being held at gun point. :confused:

Also there is a very rough estate on Stannington and the occupants look like meth heads.

Edited by Bonjon

Police are appealing for information following an alleged armed robbery in Stannington, Sheffield

so yes it is Stannington :hihi:

I had my tires slashed at stannington but thats never happened on the manor.

Stannington is a bit of a hole these days and not the place it used to be :(

The manor on the other hand is much better than it was a few years ago.

I had my tires slashed at stannington but thats never happened on the manor.

Stannington is a bit of a hole these days and not the place it used to be :(

The manor on the other hand is much better than it was a few years ago.

well i have lived in both area,s and ill stay in stannington thanks beets the manor hands down any time go check the crime statistics for both area,s i think you will find stannington is a lot better than the manor :loopy:

manor http://www.police.uk/crime/?q=Manor Ln, Sheffield, South Yorkshire S2, UK#crimetypes/2012-04

stannington http://www.police.uk/crime/?q=Stannington Rd, Sheffield, South Yorkshire S6, UK#crimetypes/2012-04

Edited by 4x4club