What's an average spec Android phone?

Need an average speck, popular Android phone. Would a Samsung Galaxy S II meet that criteria?

Also, where would you buy a new one from?

Thanks,

Need an average speck, popular Android phone. Would a Samsung Galaxy S II meet that criteria?

Also, where would you buy a new one from?

Thanks,

To be honest the SII is still considered a top spec phone so yes would meet your requirements no problem.

Ive just moved from the SII to the SIII

Regards

Ah right, thanks. So, above average in terms of power; but very common popular phone yeah?

Ah right, thanks. So, above average in terms of power; but very common popular phone yeah?

Yeah definately..well spec'd fone and still considered one of the best around.

I'd agree with that - the newer phones like the One X or S3 are quad core, have much higher resolution screens and other improvements like super fast cameras - but the S2 is better than lots of the low end phones that are still being sold.

Problem is, the S3 is out now & better, check prices against that. HTC have the One X too.

New phones come out every 6 months & the S2 is a year old, it's still a good phone, but the new ones are better.

Edited by anywebsite

Problem is, the S3 is out now & better, check prices against that. HTC have the One X too.

New phones come out every 6 months & the S2 is a year old, it's still a good phone, but the new ones are better.

But he's asking for an 'Average' spec one - rather than a top of the range.

There are some great deals for the GSII now - £22 a month with unlimited Data on 3 is the one I'd go for.

It'll just be a test device for game development stuff, hence I don't want the best one out there. Don't really want to get it on contract either, prefer to buy it outright and use it on PAYG (as I'm a very light user).

Is the Galaxy SII way more powerful than average? What other phones might I consider? (i.e. average spec Android phones).

Thanks,

Personally if you are just using it to test, pick up a cheap galaxy S1. Huge amount of development out there for it already, easy to recover if you brick it, works just as well as an S2 and , in my opinion, better build quality.

You should be able to pick one up fairly cheaply now.

It'll just be a test device for game development stuff, hence I don't want the best one out there. Don't really want to get it on contract either, prefer to buy it outright and use it on PAYG (as I'm a very light user).

Is the Galaxy SII way more powerful than average? What other phones might I consider? (i.e. average spec Android phones).

Thanks,

The thing with Android is that there is no 'Average' - however the S2 is very popular - and whilst it was top of the range last year, its now a very good mid range phone.

Its certainly not the fastest, but its not the slowest.

http://blog.utest.com/picture-this-android-fragmentation-across-4k-devices/2012/05/

To buy it outright, get a used one - they sell on here for £200.