Why are they cutting Trees down on the Moor?

Does anyone know why they are cutting the trees down on the Moor in Sheffield? Wondering if the development is going to begin :huh:

Yes, it's part of the redevelopment process - they're replanting with more manageable varieties etc... Was on RS last night.

With all this rain I thought they may be building the civic ark :hihi:

Yes, it's part of the redevelopment process - they're replanting with more manageable varieties etc... Was on RS last night.

Presumably they'll be planting saplings and waiting for them to grow to maturity before progressing onto the next stage of the redevelopment.

jb

Presumably they'll be planting saplings and waiting for them to grow to maturity before progressing onto the next stage of the redevelopment.

jb

I expect to see that in the press release next week now you've put it out in the open... ! :mad:

Another waste of tax payers money ,I wonder how much it cost to plant the trees in the first instance that were of the wrong variety and how much it is costing now to take them down !

Another waste of tax payers money ,I wonder how much it cost to plant the trees in the first instance that were of the wrong variety and how much it is costing now to take them down !

As I understand it the people who own the Moor ( Scottish Widows I think) are paying for the work not the council

be a while before things progress on the moor I think. Pretty poor for visitors to the city

Health and Safety boffins from the Town Hall reckon the trees are in danger of growing too tall and damaging the sky. They could cause it to fall down and squash everybody apparently. The trees are being replaced with wooden ones.

As I understand it the people who own the Moor ( Scottish Widows I think) are paying for the work not the council

Did I read that right? Scottish Widows own the moor??

Did I read that right? Scottish Widows own the moor??

yes, you are probably the only person in sheffield who didn't know that

the trees are choped too make more grasing land four the sheep and cartle they also burn big araes off the moor to control fires

Lol, You're thinking of the moors.