Anything Tyneside can do we can do better!

Would I be able to see it from Lane Top. I can clearly see what I think is an immense landmark itself the Emley Moor tower.

Shame you can't see Meadowhall from there either! (I have no idea where Lane Top is either) :hihi:

Just think a year a few years from now when the novelty has worn off, and the scrapmen have had a go, the graffiti artists have climbed up and of course the obligatory Traffic Cone attachment has been added perhaps it will look like this:

Man-of-Steel-2023.jpg

LOL!!!

Absolutely spot on, pal!!

They had better alarm it up well though or itll be crawling with scrapthieves with oxy-aceteline torches in no time!!

Let them try. You can't cut stainless steel with oxy-acetylene.

Just think a year a few years from now when the novelty has worn off, and the scrapmen have had a go, the graffiti artists have climbed up and of course the obligatory Traffic Cone attachment has been added perhaps it will look like this:

Man-of-Steel-2023.jpg

To scale, that's one hell of a traffic cone!...:hihi:

It would be great with the viewing platform I think. Certainly worth a day out :)

funny people are all up for a "landmark" when they constantly complain about certain mosques being a blight on the landscape :suspect::loopy::help:

We had two perfectly good 'landmarks' beside the M1 that everyone knew meant you'd arrived in Sheffield (moreso if you were travelling southbond) and we let them tear them down.

funny people are all up for a "landmark" when they constantly complain about certain mosques being a blight on the landscape :suspect::loopy::help:

Long live the Prophet Muhammad :roll:

We had two perfectly good 'landmarks' beside the M1 that everyone knew meant you'd arrived in Sheffield (moreso if you were travelling southbond) and we let them tear them down.

Yeah, because they were crap.

Long live the Prophet Muhammad :roll:

i wouldnt go that far Oo

Guest busdriver1
I think you'll find a heck of a lot of people from the North East are very attached to the 'Angel'.....and lots of people not from there love it too.....The terminator though (I think) knocks spots off it....

I am originally from the North East and can confirm I have never met anyone yet who actually likes it, that includes family and friends numbering a great many. I also used to drive tourist coaches on UK tours and we changed our route so as to avoid it because it was embarrasing having a coach load of people laughing at it.

Guest busdriver1
It would be great with the viewing platform I think. Certainly worth a day out :)

You must lead a very boring life if you think this is worth a day out to see.