Anything Tyneside can do we can do better!

Guest busdriver1
What do you all think of this? http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/news/local/man-of-steel-takes-a-step-forward-in-2-8m-project-1-4643994

Better than the Angel of the North?

Or a waste of money?.......I think it's REALLY cool!

A better landmark than the sadly demolished Tinsley Towers!

To be better than the angel of the north is no claim, a pile of randomly thrown rubbish can achieve that.

I have no great feelings one way or the other about this, but, at least it has some relevance. The only thing I would say is that if it is facing meadowhall it should have its eyes raised heavenwards.

Me too, still think its a ridiculous amount of money though.

Yeah...lets spend ridiculous amounts of money on the olympic games in London!.....Sheffield really benefits from that!.....Lighten up for goodness sake!

To be better than the angel of the north is no claim, a pile of randomly thrown rubbish can achieve that.

I have no great feelings one way or the other about this, but, at least it has some relevance. The only thing I would say is that if it is facing meadowhall it should have its eyes raised heavenwards.

I think you'll find a heck of a lot of people from the North East are very attached to the 'Angel'.....and lots of people not from there love it too.....The terminator though (I think) knocks spots off it....

Yeah...lets spend ridiculous amounts of money on the olympic games in London!.....Sheffield really benefits from that!.....Lighten up for goodness sake!

I do like the man of steel himself, it looks very very good. I would have liked to have seen something as big as the Angel of the North possibly on one of our big hills, maybe up where Shirecliffe college was, you could see that building from miles around.

I'd rather it be wearing a Lacoste t-shirt and eating a McDonalds.

I do like the man of steel himself, it looks very very good. I would have liked to have seen something as big as the Angel of the North possibly on one of our big hills, maybe up where Shirecliffe college was, you could see that building from miles around.

Apparently it will be twice the size of the Angel!.....and you will be able to see it from miles around, where they're proposing to site it.

I'd rather it be wearing a Lacoste t-shirt and eating a McDonalds.

Hahahaha...Like a typical Sheffielder?......You speak for yourself sunshine!...:hihi:

Just think a year a few years from now when the novelty has worn off, and the scrapmen have had a go, the graffiti artists have climbed up and of course the obligatory Traffic Cone attachment has been added perhaps it will look like this:

Man-of-Steel-2023.jpg

Edited by holymoses

Just think a year a few years from now when the novelty has woron off, and the scrapmen have had a go, the graffiti artists have climbed up and of course the obligatory Traffic Cone attachment has been added perhaps it will look like this:

Man-of-Steel-2023.jpg

Hahaha.....you ol' cynic! :hihi:

Apparently it will be twice the size of the Angel!.....and you will be able to see it from miles around, where they're proposing to site it.

Would I be able to see it from Lane Top. I can clearly see what I think is an immense landmark itself the Emley Moor tower.

Maybe we could get the unemployed to build us something like this.

Nah way too nippy..

I'll get my coat (at least theres somewhere to hang it)