Anything Tyneside can do we can do better!

All that link does is tell you about it?......How do you draw the conclusion that we're stuck with it?

I have this sneaking incling that you're not keen on the steel man? :hihi:

My conclusion is drawn from the momentum that the marketing phase is taking, if they are already spending money on promotion then council support is not far behind.

Please read my previous post to apease your incling.

My conclusion is drawn from the momentum that the marketing phase is taking, if they are already spending money on promotion then council support is not far behind.

Please read my previous post to apease your incling.

I probably don't need to read your previous post ... I think I get the drift! ;)

Spending money on marketing? A piece in the local rag? A facebook page? A twitter account? All of these cost nothing!

Yes a scale model to go on display at Magna will have cost no doubt. All it shows is a determination to make it happen, because they believe in the project, and yes the Rotherham council will no doubt approve it.

If you believed in something you wanted to do wouldn't you do the same? it's the way of the world.

You don't 'have' to like it. But like many things in life we don't like, we just get on with it and put up with it.

You don't 'have' to like it. But like many things in life we don't like, we just get on with it and put up with it.

I'm make no apology for speaking my mind. If I don't like something I speak up, I don't just get on with it and put up with it.

I'm not one of the Sheffield City Occupiers or part of the Arab Spring but these are the people that changed what they didn't like or made their voices heard worldwide.

The years of "putting up with it" are long gone.

Afterall isn't it supposed to be a symbol of Sheffield's and the Sheffielder's triumphs, that people from all over the world can understand at a glance rather than a artistic trophy that only the few actually get the meaning, and thats after reading the Artists notes.

Take the time to read my post (105) then you will understand my thoughts clearly instead of just getting the drift.

To quote Tupac Shakur

“I'm not saying I'm gonna change the world, but I guarantee that I will spark the brain that will change the world.”

I'm make no apology for speaking my mind. If I don't like something I speak up, I don't just get on with it and put up with it.

I'm not one of the Sheffield City Occupiers or part of the Arab Spring but these are the people that changed what they didn't like or made their voices heard worldwide.

The years of "putting up with it" are long gone.

Afterall isn't it supposed to be a symbol of Sheffield's and the Sheffielder's triumphs, that people from all over the world can understand at a glance rather than a artistic trophy that only the few actually get the meaning, and thats after reading the Artists notes.

Take the time to read my post (105) then you will understand my thoughts clearly instead of just getting the drift.

To quote Tupac Shakur

“I'm not saying I'm gonna change the world, but I guarantee that I will spark the brain that will change the world.”

I did read your post and I do understand what you are saying. You proposed a really complex structure that you 'personally' see a relevance to in terms of our, or Sheffield's heritage and history. I'm not saying it's not right, or is a naff theme, or anything like that, but it's 'your' vision. It's very laudible and has many virtues. I just think it might be a bit over-complicated, but that only 'my' opinion!

I think it just needs to be simple. Don't forget most of the time, this is going to be seen from quite a distance, so it's almost got to just convey an impression, more than a story.

Blimey I sound like I'm in the employ of the artist, and I don't actually know him from Adam. But like you, I say what I see.

Truce? :hihi: