Anything Tyneside can do we can do better!

Surely it would be in Rotherham?

Where will the steel be produced? It could be seen as a big own goal if it finishes up coming from somewhere like India or Korea.

Well....yeah...actually you're right. But hey ho....How many people in Rotherham would actually be able to see it? And by the looks of it, it will be facing Sheffield.

I agree about the own goal if it came from somewhere else. It would 'have' to be "Made in Sheffield"

Surely it would be in Rotherham?

Where will the steel be produced? It could be seen as a big own goal if it finishes up coming from somewhere like India or Korea.

My thoughts entirely. Like the steel curtain in front of the railway station that was made in somewhere like Singapore?!!

I'd prefer to see a statue reflecting our heritage at the top of Fargate.

(Incredibly, I like what I see in the picture.)

My thoughts entirely. Like the steel curtain in front of the railway station that was made in somewhere like Singapore?!!

I don't see the point of putting it in the middle of the town! Only Sheffielders would ever see it! I never go into town, so I'd never see it!

Millions of people would see it, where it's proposed to site it!

I hereby nickname it.....The Sheffield Terminator!!!!

But it's privately financed (mostly)

It's still a waste of money that could be put to better use.

Looks great. We need a landmark to replace the towers and this looks the part. They should do it instead of the eon planned replacement and pool their money.ive not seen what eon are proposing yet but i like this alot. They had better alarm it up well though or itll be crawling with scrapthieves with oxy-aceteline torches in no time!! Would probably be a better time to build it when the price of steel drops so its cheaper anyway.

The towers were not a landmark, they were a waste of land, unless you have the mindset of an infant.

The towers were not a landmark, they were a waste of land, unless you have the mindset of an infant.

Oh...Perlease!!!....There's always one on here who's all too ready to throw insults!...Have a day off eh?

I don't have the mindset of an infant. What I meant was the towers were always a signal coming up or down the motorway that you had reached Sheffield....a 'landmark' http://www.thefreedictionary.com/landmark

Oh...Perlease!!!....There's always one on here who's all too ready to throw insults!...Have a day off eh?

I don't have the mindset of an infant. What I meant was the towers were always a signal coming up or down the motorway that you had reached Sheffield....a 'landmark' http://www.thefreedictionary.com/landmark

Fortunately we progressed from that old school rubbish and our new landmark, and one to be proud of is Meadowhall.

Fortunately we progressed from that old school rubbish and our new landmark, and one to be proud of is Meadowhall.

Now I know you're taking the ####

I don't see the point of putting it in the middle of the town! Only Sheffielders would ever see it! I never go into town, so I'd never see it!

Millions of people would see it, where it's proposed to site it!

I hereby nickname it.....The Sheffield Terminator!!!!

Oh dear, sorry about that, shall we build it in your front garden.

Me too, still think its a ridiculous amount of money though.

Guest busdriver1
Now I know you're taking the ####

Completely agree

Oh dear, sorry about that, shall we build it in your front garden.

Well, yes you could actually, but unfortunately I fear it's not quite big enough!.....(for clarification, I mean my front garden isn't big enough!)