Anything Tyneside can do we can do better!

What do you all think of this? http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/news/local/man-of-steel-takes-a-step-forward-in-2-8m-project-1-4643994

Better than the Angel of the North?

Or a waste of money?.......I think it's REALLY cool!

A better landmark than the sadly demolished Tinsley Towers!

Edited by PeteMorris
Forgot Link!...Doh

What do you all think of this? http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/news/local/man-of-steel-takes-a-step-forward-in-2-8m-project-1-4643994

Better then the Angel of the North?

Or a waste of money?.......I think it's REALLY cool!

A better landmark than the sadly demolished Tinsley Towers!

Yes, I think it's really cool, too. I don't see how it can be a waste of money - it's being paid for by the private sector.

Sorry I forgot the link...it's there now!

WOW, I like it

Personally I think it's a waste of money that could be going towards better causes.

Personally I think it's a waste of money that could be going towards better causes.

But it's privately financed (mostly)

Looks great. We need a landmark to replace the towers and this looks the part. They should do it instead of the eon planned replacement and pool their money.ive not seen what eon are proposing yet but i like this alot. They had better alarm it up well though or itll be crawling with scrapthieves with oxy-aceteline torches in no time!! Would probably be a better time to build it when the price of steel drops so its cheaper anyway.

Looks great. We need a landmark to replace the towers and this looks the part. They should do it instead of the eon planned replacement and pool their money.ive not seen what eon are proposing yet but i like this alot. They had better alarm it up well though or itll be crawling with scrapthieves with oxy-aceteline torches in no time!! Would probably be a better time to build it when the price of steel drops so its cheaper anyway.

Hahahaha....I know what you mean about the scrap thieves. They'd have to be pretty resourceful to cart some acetaline equipment waaaay up there! And would be exposed for all to see. I'm sure there would be adequate security measures!

I'm from the North East and I remember when the Angel of the North went up - it was initially derided and lots of people said it would be an eyesore. It's now a much loved monument and is spectacular when you see it from the train or car heading north. It's included in many adverts for the North East as well as some TV shows. I am very much in favour of this one for Sheffield; I love this city and it deserves a landmark such as this.:D

I'm from the North East and I remember when the Angel of the North went up - it was initially derided and lots of people said it would be an eyesore. It's now a much loved monument and is spectacular when you see it from the train or car heading north. It's included in many adverts for the North East as well as some TV shows. I am very much in favour of this one for Sheffield; I love this city and it deserves a landmark such as this.:D

:hihi::hihi:.....I started reading your post and I thought..."Oooops....I've upset a Geordie"...But hey...Not the case, and you're right, we need something like this in Sheffield, as the only kind of recognisable landmark we have right now for people travelling up or down the M1, is the flippin' Meadowhall Dome!!!!

So I wonder what the nickname for it will be?

Surely it would be in Rotherham?

Where will the steel be produced? It could be seen as a big own goal if it finishes up coming from somewhere like India or Korea.