Royal Mail Delivery Service

The thing thats bugging me is sheff forum has a ban on name and shame but it's ok to slag off posties (royal mail) mmmm

The thing thats bugging me is sheff forum has a ban on name and shame but it's ok to slag off posties (royal mail) mmmm

Im not yet up to speed with the ins and outs of things on here, but one thing is for sure, it seems that the entire royal mail staff can be bludgeoned because of the actions of a few. Is there no regulation as to what is contstrued as being a bit nasty towards our post lads and lasses? I myself think they do a grand job.

I think the main problem is that people point out the problems of royal mail/postworkers but don't congratulate them when they do something right, myself included in this unfortunately.

I did write out a long story of times when the postman and royal mail let me down, and of times when the postman deserves a reward, but by the end of it I forgot what the point of posting was.

So anyway, If theres a problem, keep on at royal mail, if they know what was delivering mail on the day of the problem they can deal with it accordingly (if you pester them enough). But don't forget postmen/women do a job many of us would never want to do. some are thieves, some are not. I for one would never do a job that risked dog attacks. Especially seeing some of the dogs in this area.

Im not yet up to speed with the ins and outs of things on here, but one thing is for sure, it seems that the entire royal mail staff can be bludgeoned because of the actions of a few. Is there no regulation as to what is contstrued as being a bit nasty towards our post lads and lasses? I myself think they do a grand job.

It's not naming a specific person so I don't think there are rules against it. If somebody was to say "my postman John Smith stole £50 out of my birthday card he delivered" that would get removed.

fine, I shall clarify, my opinion of the RM is that some of their employees are thieves, but obviously that is just my opinion, based on my experiences. I'm certain there are plenty of perfectly nice, honest postal workers out there just like there are in any industry. However, my opinion is jaded because I have had some bad experiences with the RM, but I'm pleased to see others have had better dealings, restores my faith a little that perhaps I've just been very unlucky.

Yes it may well have been the machines that damage and open mail but in my friend's recent situation it most certainly wasn't. The card had been deliberately sliced open at the bottom of the envelope and the money obviously slipped out. I've had this myself before, as well as replacement bank cards go missing (2) and a card with a cheque just disappear. It's a horrible feeling, especially when it's a personal card.

I aplogise to all the postal workers, I'm sure you're all decent, honourable people but unfortunately for me I've encountered the odd one that isn't, just like you could in any industry.

This was an opinion by the way for anybody that can't differentiate, at no point did anyone state it was fact :roll:

I've just received a letter yesterday that was posted on the 2st of May. I know we've had a few bank holidays, but where has it been all that time?

Oh that's ok then!!!?

Instead of quoting that tiny bit and posting on that, how about read the full message and see that i said thieves are bad where ever they steal from or something of that manner, cannot be bothered to go back and find the actual post, but hey you cant be bothered to read it all either

Edited by lubylou12

some are thieves, some are not.

That's still a pretty bad statement. A miniscule percentage would steal something - I bet many more office and retail workers would steal from their employers and think nothing of it.

That's still a pretty bad statement. A miniscule percentage would steal something - I bet many more office and retail workers would steal from their employers and think nothing of it.

I don't think it is, I think it's true. I didn't really give a percentage as to which I think are theives.

What is your claim based on?

It's not naming a specific person so I don't think there are rules against it. If somebody was to say "my postman John Smith stole £50 out of my birthday card he delivered" that would get removed.

I appreciate that it's not naming a specific person,but i have seen threads on here describing bad garages and they have not been able to post name of said garage or company....

I appreciate that it's not naming a specific person,but i have seen threads on here describing bad garages and they have not been able to post name of said garage or company....

Oh right, I see what you mean now. I suppose it's a bit more difficult with regards to royal mail as unless its a courier they do all the delivering, and even if the name 'royal mail' wasn't used it wouldn't be difficult to know who they were talking about.

Would love for some of you that are complaining about your postman to try be a postman for a day. My bet is the majority would give up before leaving the office, then you would be waiting for your post. Too much time criticising the postman for things that are not their fault. Complaining about the time you get your post, but then complaining that sometimes you get next doors mail, if they weren't rushing to get your post to you to keep you happy maybe they would have less mistakes but it wouldn't be guaranteed as previously stated machines do the majority of sorting. Fact is over 99.9% of postman are good at what they do and are honest so appreciate the service you receive because other countries dont have it & are responsible for collecting their own post. Imagine the complaints and moaning if we had that.