Royal Mail Delivery Service

Either your trying to wind me up or cannot understand what I said in my reply to your last post: - Why should I have to go to the expence of purchasing a new gate and having it fitted because some idle sod can't be bothered to close it everytime he comes to deliver the mail ?

Everyone else who delivers to my home or calls closes the gate......YES for me it is a big issue....with every step I take I am in pain with my legs and back, if you were in the same situation as myself perhaps you would be more understanding.

Expense? It's £3.50 from screwfix.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/gate-spring-black-200mm/17251?cm_mmc=GoogleBase-_-Datafeed-_-Ironmongery%20and%20Security-_-Gate%20Spring%20Black%20200mm

Even cheaper from eBay, delivered.

having it fitted?

Takes 1/2 an hour and can be done yourself.

http://uktv.co.uk/home/stepbystep/aid/2632

If there are they will be stealing from a company who makes a lot of money and can afford the shortfall

Oh that's ok then!!!?

Edited by esme
quote tags

I thought I should add. I did used to have a really nice postman, who was always very friendly so there are some that are nice. Just a shame I couldn't move him to my new area.

Can we just clarify, is it ALL Royal Mail workers (opg) who are "thieving scum" or is it just the Postmen and women ?

The CWU legal team need to know.

If the people who posted the defamatory remarks originally would please respond.

Many thanks.

i hate it when you see postman comming so you get up to collect your packages and before you even get to the door hes already knocked on the door, knocked on the knocker and rang the door bell...

im a young un of 26 with no mobility issues.

its sooo annoying that they dont have patience to wait a few seconds.

i too get other peoples post. i get torn letters.

unhappy with the service royal mail provide.

Hahahaha this thread seems to be just a dig at Royal Mail, majority of the posters on here just don't know what the job is like untill they experience it for them selfs. I reccomend you try the jod your selfs, then you will have a different approach on Royal Mail.

i hate it when you see postman comming so you get up to collect your packages and before you even get to the door hes already knocked on the door, knocked on the knocker and rang the door bell...

im a young un of 26 with no mobility issues.

its sooo annoying that they dont have patience to wait a few seconds.

i too get other peoples post. i get torn letters.

unhappy with the service royal mail provide.

Postmen just can't win!!!!! If you don't hear them knocking loud enough they get accused of dropping 739 cards and legging it without bothering to knock, and if they do knock loud, ring bell etc, it's annoying you because you've already got out of your chair???? How's he supposed to know that??? Would you rather the postie try all avenues to make you hear him as quick as possible to get on with his round as everyone's complaining the post's so damn late these days, or knock on the door like a mouse and you not get your parcel at all??

Jeez some people....

It really annoys me when people slag postmen off, my brothers one. He works really hard, starting very early in the morning, and still sometimes finishing quite late.

Theres a lot more to the job than just sticking letters through letter boxes.

A couple of years ago my sons birthday cards (one from my brother, funnily enough) never arrived. One had a cheque in it, the other a voucher. A few weeks later I got a phonecall and a visit from a RM investigator, and it turned out a cleaner from the sorting office had been nicking stuff.

Theres good and bad in every job, but if something does go missing, you should obviously report it, but dont jump to the conclusion that its the postman.

I'm sure my postie has a three day weekend as we never seem to get post on a Monday.Even if its something that was posted Friday.My post usually comes between 1-3.30pm depending who it is as a few different ones deliver on our road but that doesn't really bother me.Ive had parcels left outside and no card left telling me they were there.And once a got a parcel that actually had a cigarette burn through it which had gone through to the clothing inside.Really though that's only a few problems out of the hundreds of times they have delivered to me.So I'm pretty happy on the whole.

Can we just clarify, is it ALL Royal Mail workers (opg) who are "thieving scum" or is it just the Postmen and women ?

The CWU legal team need to know.

If the people who posted the defamatory remarks originally would please respond.

Many thanks.

Good idea.

And just for the record, I had a condolences card delivered this morning. It was unopened (but could quite easily been any sort of card) with just a partial address (and even that was spelt wrong) and the postcode was put as F12 *** and it was delivered at the first attempt.

Perhaps they thought, oh! This guy works for RM so we'll give him special treatment, but I doubt it very much.

And regarding incorrectly delivered mail, did you all know that some 90% of standard mail is sorted into address order by machine, not by the postie!

Edited by yorkiepudd

Are you satisfied with the Royal Mail Delivery Service ?

In years gone by, the post use to drop on your door mat before you set off to work...

nowadays it comes anytime between 1pm - 3pm+, and you can find someone else's mail

mixed in with your own!

We are paid until 2.45pm and can't start delivering until 9-9.30am at the earliest, so the days of getting your post before breakfast have long gone i'm afraid.

I'll also point out something obvious that most people don't seem to understand. A delivery has a beginning and an end. If you live at the beginning then you will get your mail early(ish), if you live at the end it will be 3 or 4 hours later.

Misdeliveries do happen, it's not a case of not being able to read. When each postie is delivering 1000+ letters per day (6000 a week, 300,000 per year) a few mistakes are bound to happen. A lot of sorting is done by machine these days and they're not perfect either.

Mail in my area doesn't arrive until after 1pm and on some days its been known to arrive around 2-30pm - 2-45pm.......you have no chance of catching him and confronting him.....he's disappeared like a bolt of lightning !

So you're moaning about getting your mail late, but your Postie is so quick you can't catch him. Do you see the irony?

let the Royal Mail sort it out - why should we deliver it to whom its intended...that's there job

I think you mean 'their' job. Their, there, they're, basic grammar that even a Postie can grasp.

unfortunately the postie that serves our area is very annoying in the way in which he pushes the mail through our letterbox: partially ripped and screwed up

What is your letter box like, does it have stiff draught excluding brushes inside or a metal stop? I deliver to several houses with letterboxes that are like something out of a Krypton Factor manual dexterity test, it's impossible to get a letter through uncrumpled without pushing your fingers in with it - and that's not going to happen due to the risk of dog attacks so the mail gets crumpled.

No postie is going to deliberately rip or crumple your mail.

Btw for the people complaining about having letters opened, it's almost certainly caused by one of the sorting machines and not someone opening them. The sorting process is quite vigorous and the mail goes through 2/3 machines before it gets to us.

Theft does happen but it's very rare. I'd be willing to bet that on a percentage basis there are as many totally honest postal workers than there are in any other industry, and probably a lot more than most.

For a start none of us have criminal records, so to call all posties thieves is a libellious comment and I suggest the people that posted those accusations remove them.