Royal Mail Delivery Service

That may be the case and it says that on the RM website but that just proves even they don't trust their employees. That's just damage control, they're not actually prepared to do anything about the problem. Their employees are thieves and they may not all be the same but I don't have an ounce of faith or respect for one of them. They disgust me.

Hang on...I know how angry you must feel but I'm absolutely certain they are not ALL thieves. But if you don't have 'an ounce of faith or respect for one of them', and they disgust you, don't ever use them again.

I'm well happy with my service from Royal Mail.

No, I haven't had good experiences

Edited by butterball

Why do you need your mail earlier? Royal Mail is a daily service, not a morning service.

It is possible to get self closing gates. They are on springs and automatically close after being opened. This is the solution to your problem, and will stop you getting so frustrated.

This is what you should be doing anyway, mistakes happen - but this lets your postman know that he is making a mistake.

At last someone who talks sense.

For the other numpties just because in the 70's/80's whenever you got your mail before you left for work doesn't mean it will always be that way.

Royal Mail is being "streamlined" for privatisation, you think it's bad now, OH Boy you ain't seen nothing yet.

ooh er, sorry missis, it was only a comment!

Does it really matter what time it comes?

You can send a letter from Sheffield and it can be in London the next day.

It's a very good service.

our postie is ok, quite pleasant. tends to walk right across the lawn rather than take the path, but hey ho, hes at least happy enough in his work. i do however hate with a passion when i miss a delivery and have to go to pitt lane collection centre, the epitomy of how poor the actual royal mail are. terrible customer service skills, slow, never answer the phone, one or two persons doing all the cards/handouts while many other staff stand about outside smoking fags or gassing. nowhere to park as all the spots are taken up all day by staff parking, sod the customers, we only pay the wages.

the staff appear generally unhappy in dealing with the public, and can be quite rude or abrupt to people. dont ever try to ring up anytime between 7.30am and 10.30am (they shut at 11) about a parcel or package that wasnt returned to them in good time, they never answer the phone.

a few yrs back our local postie (different route/guy) was convicted of stealing thousands of items of post. we had put up with dozens of fob off letters and "free" first class stamps from the royal mail for our "inconvenience" when chasing up missing post, without actually getting anywhere.

sell the lot on and lets try privatisation properly in this situation, it cant be any worse.

I know of a road in S13 that doesn't get it's post delivered until well after 3pm because the postie stands talking for an hour instead of getting on with his job.

Complaints have been made to and ignored by Royal Mail.

Are you satisfied with the Royal Mail Delivery Service ?

In years gone by, the post use to drop on your door mat before you set off to work...

I remember those days:(

nowadays it comes anytime between 1pm - 3pm+, and you can find someone else's mail

mixed in with your own.

Agree with all this part too, I am fed up of it, last week I got all mine and about 5 for next door, I do not believe this can be a mistake, they just cannot be bothered

whenever the postman has been the gate is left open

Same here very annoying:rant:

Regarding mail arriving which isn't ours ( it might be addressed to someone else on the next road ) I've reached the stage where I simply write on the envelope in big letters 'Delivered To Wrong Address' let the Royal Mail sort it out - why should we deliver it to whom its intended...that's there job !

Again this is the thing that annoys me the most, I get next doors repeatedly and do not mind popping it round but same as you, I get them from the next rd on and so on, so I now do the same, write in big letters and post next time I am at the shop, like you say, why should I go round the estate delivering it when the post man clearly can't be bothered, once or twice then fine, but its at least twice a week here, so clearly done on purpose to save time

No, I haven't had good experiences.

Edited by butterball

Nope, I'm very diappointed. My mail gets later and later, most of the time i'm not fussed, sometimes it is inconvenient. I've had the wrong persons mail before, I've also had one of my letters opened as it had a card in it, they must have been very disappointed to discover a new gala bingo card :hihi: Not had a reply to my complaint, nor to my latest one.

I know how you feel there, I once received a torn envelope which was empty, yet its was still posted rather then investigated. I rang to complain and never heard a thing back. Another time I sent an ebay item 1st class recorded, and the buyer received an empty package. Then I had to refund via ebay, did not have a leg to stand on as royal mail had marked it as posted.

No,. Think they're disgusting, thieving scummy pieces of trash. My friend had her new baby few weeks ago and money was sent to the new arrival in cards congratulating them on their new arrival. It was removed from the cards and pocketed. Royal mail employ the lowest of the low!

And what job do you do ?...