Royal Mail Delivery Service

Are you satisfied with the Royal Mail Delivery Service ?

In years gone by, the post use to drop on your door mat before you set off to work...

nowadays it comes anytime between 1pm - 3pm+, and you can find someone else's mail

mixed in with your own.

Mail in my area doesn't arrive until after 1pm and on some days its been known to arrive around 2-30pm - 2-45pm....... I have mobility problems so fixed a sign to our gate ' Please Shut The Gate' so I wouldn't have to venture out, for the past 3 years+ whenever the postman has been the gate is left open, so I find myself having to 'hobble' out to close it....

(wouldn't mind so much but the sign is big enough to see ).

I purchased another sign which said exactly the same thing 'Please Shut The Gate' which I fixed to the door letterbox.......so now there is one sign on the gate and one on the letterbox.........still the postman leaves the gate open......soon as the post has been pushed through the letterbox ( usually screwed up and creased ) you have no chance of catching him and confronting him.....he's disappeared like a bolt of lightning !

Regarding mail arriving which isn't ours ( it might be addressed to someone else on the next road ) I've reached the stage where I simply write on the envelope in big letters 'Delivered To Wrong Address' and get the wife to pop it in the postbox when she sets off to work - let the Royal Mail sort it out - why should we deliver it to whom its intended...that's there job !

In years gone by, the post use to drop on your door mat before you set off to work...

nowadays it comes anytime between 1pm - 3pm+, and you can find someone else's mail

mixed in with your own.

Nope, I'm very diappointed. My mail gets later and later, most of the time i'm not fussed, sometimes it is inconvenient. I've had the wrong persons mail before, I've also had one of my letters opened as it had a card in it, they must have been very disappointed to discover a new gala bingo card :hihi: Not had a reply to my complaint, nor to my latest one.

I wish it would be made compulsory for post-persons (pc) to be able to read or at least be able to know the difference between "avenue" & "drive".

our post men come at anytime they feel like it and we have a different one nearly everyday of the week.

Have to say our local postie is very good.

We live in a block of four flats with two different entrances and, after a couple of weeks of confusion, the postman learned which names went to which flat.

The mail comes after one most days, but it's not a major inconvenience.

It's more annoying getting old resident's posts:suspect:

No, I haven't had good experiences

Edited by butterball

mixed in with your own.

Mail in my area doesn't arrive until after 1pm and on some days its been known to arrive around 2-30pm - 2-45pm.......

Why do you need your mail earlier? Royal Mail is a daily service, not a morning service.

I have mobility problems so fixed a sign to our gate ' Please Shut The Gate' so I wouldn't have to venture out, for the past 3 years+ whenever the postman has been the gate is left open, so I find myself having to 'hobble' out to close it....

(wouldn't mind so much but the sign is big enough to see ).

I purchased another sign which said exactly the same thing 'Please Shut The Gate' which I fixed to the door letterbox.......so now there is one sign on the gate and one on the letterbox.........still the postman leaves the gate open......soon as the post has been pushed through the letterbox ( usually screwed up and creased ) you have no chance of catching him and confronting him.....he's disappeared like a bolt of lightning !

It is possible to get self closing gates. They are on springs and automatically close after being opened. This is the solution to your problem, and will stop you getting so frustrated.

Regarding mail arriving which isn't ours ( it might be addressed to someone else on the next road ) I've reached the stage where I simply write on the envelope in big letters 'Delivered To Wrong Address' and get the wife to pop it in the postbox when she sets off to work - let the Royal Mail sort it out - why should we deliver it to whom its intended...that's there job !

This is what you should be doing anyway, mistakes happen - but this lets your postman know that he is making a mistake.

No,. Think they're disgusting, thieving scummy pieces of trash. My friend had her new baby few weeks ago and money was sent to the new arrival in cards congratulating them on their new arrival. It was removed from the cards and pocketed. Royal mail employ the lowest of the low!

Happened to my sister before too, it's disgraceful.

No,. Think they're disgusting, thieving scummy pieces of trash. My friend had her new baby few weeks ago and money was sent to the new arrival in cards congratulating them on their new arrival. It was removed from the cards and pocketed. Royal mail employ the lowest of the low!

You should never send money through the post uninsured. For the simple fact that you cant prove there was ever money in the card. So if it goes missing, you get zilch in return. Use a service like special delivery.

No, I haven't had good experiences

Edited by butterball

No, no, no! Please don't tar them all with the same brush!

I have no complaints about my postal deliveries whatsoever. I don't really mind what time it's delivered because nothing which comes through the post is really that important nowadays. What difference does a day make? Calm down all of you who get angry about it, it's really not that important.

However, if anything I had sent or received had been tampered with in any way, I would be furious! I often send cash in a card to my nephews in London and, luckily, for 12 years, it has arrived safely.

In my opinion, if someone scumbag took the money out of the card, there is no way the card would be delivered anyway. Was the money there in the first place?