Out Of Date Beer

BBE means the quality was at its best before that date, its the USE BY you have to take notice of, Use by means exactly that and your nose and eyes can always tell also with use by perishables....get it down ya {burp}

Edited by GrayFace
forgot sommert

Earlier today got some cans for the football tonight and just noticed the expiry date on the bottom of the cans - 13th June 2012. I know that was only yesterday so should they be ok to drink?

It's not Black Sheep in cans from R&B, is it?

Yes I see what you did there. It doesn't alter the fact that out of date beer is no stronger than when it was fresh.

As Stella has been brewed in this country for years it is unlikely that much of the imported stuff has been sold here recently. Not forgetting that the imported stuff is also a watered down imitation of the proper stuff even buying in Belgium and importing means you get something no stronger than a pint of Abbott.

Perhaps the can refered to was a pub keg.

I dread to think that the mad fool has found a Watney's party 7 ...omg ! certain DOOM !!! :hihi::hihi:

I disagree in this case beer.. (see what I did there ?) Stella is not the same Abv nowadays as the imported stuff. The Stella that you get in Morrisons et. al. is brewed by wassocks in white corporate uniforms sat in front of a keyboard and monitor, producing chemical beer.....

As for the guy that you were replying to. I fail to believe that he got very drunk from 1 can/bottle of Stella...

Lightweight...

http://i.imgur.com/kPuae.jpg

DaveyBoy75 - funnily enough it was Black Sheep from R & B...

Yes I see what you did there. It doesn't alter the fact that out of date beer is no stronger than when it was fresh.

As Stella has been brewed in this country for years it is unlikely that much of the imported stuff has been sold here recently. Not forgetting that the imported stuff is also a watered down imitation of the proper stuff even buying in Belgium and importing means you get something no stronger than a pint of Abbott.

Perhaps the can refered to was a pub keg.

It was a bottle, and it was in about 1999 if that helps :hihi:

Are they from Rhythm & Booze per chance? They tend to sell out of date stuff at virtually no discount at all! Not surprised they went under

They still have many outlets in SY.

DaveyBoy75 - funnily enough it was Black Sheep from R & B...

I recognised the date :help:

They must have had a huge consignment of them.

Have they been reduced down from 2.99 now they are out-of-date?

They still have many outlets in SY.

Yes they were bought out of administration I think

I drank out of date beer once and am posting this from beyond the grave.

They drink wine that's 50 year old thats OK no one dies Ive got a can of wards best bitter from 200, if England win tonight I'm going to celebrate and drink that do you think I will be safe.:o