What is the most deserving charity in the old sheffield?

I saw an item on tv last night about Brain Tumours. It turns out Brain Tumours kill more women under 40 than breast cancer and more men under 50 than testicular cancer. There were a lot of statistics that surprised me, but the final one was that it gets only 0.7% of research money from Cancer Research, so to donate to a charity that deal directly with Brain Tumours would probably be very much appreciated.

Unfortunately I don't know of one but I am sure a quick search on google will come up with something.

(The statistics I have quoted may be wrong, it is only what I remember from the programme)

I think some sort of children's hospice.

I mean you probably can't do much to cheer up a kid who's in a building waiting to die but I'm sure every donation helps.

I'm astounded that people give to charities supporting the countryside rather than those supporting dying kids but oright.

Bluebell Wood Children's Hospice is a very worthy cause - really helped people I know both before and after their children's deaths

Bluebell Wood Children's Hospice is a very worthy cause - really helped people I know both before and after their children's deaths

It certainly is a wonderful charity. Donations made in memory of my dad went there.

St Lukes hospice Sheffield. They are trying to raise £5m to upgrade the hospice.

They are a fantastic charity which offers amazing services to patients and families.

Please consider St.Lukes. They deserve as much as possible!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I would suggest St Luke's Hospice as well. I work there and the service given is amazing, but the building is so out-dated - hence the rebuild. I am doing my 'bit' for the charity by doing a sponsored skydive in a couple weeks and would urge anyone to help if they are in a position to do so.

Id go for Western Park Cancer hospital.

I have some good money to give to thing's that really need it, but whom deserves it?

There are hundreds - possibly thousands - of charities in Sheffield and so many more local groups and organisations that do really good work. the ones already mentioned on this thread are some of the well-known very large ones with professional fund-raisers (maybe not St Vincent de Paul - they're much smaller).

I don't think you can have an answer to which is the most "deserving" - it depends on your own values and what you would like to change the most. You might want to think who has helped you or your loved ones in your life.

Cancer charities have a huge fund raising machine and raise millions. Worthy cause that it is, I'd go for a smaller Sheffield charity that hasn't got such a the high profile.

Personally, I'd nominate Sheffield Royal Society for the Blind, who do excellent work, but there are lots and lots of worthy causes, it's hard to choose.

St Lukes hospice Sheffield. They are trying to raise £5m to upgrade the hospice.

They are a fantastic charity which offers amazing services to patients and families.

Please consider St.Lukes. They deserve as much as possible!!

Without doubt a very worthwhile charity, but I'm not so sure that every donation to St Lukes gets spent on what it should be spent on... or what we would expect it to be spent on!

We could go on forever, everyone has their own personal charity that are in their hearts. You have to think about what would make you happy for the money you are raising to be going to. I personally could not suggest one... myself I was treasurer of the British Heart Foundation for 10 years, due to my father and my son having heart problems, I now personally support the RNLI, but my place of work raises money for St, Lukes, which i activily also support. its a difficult one for you. But whichever you choose, they will be grateful for any money raised for them. XOX