What is the most deserving charity in the old sheffield?

I have some good money to give to thing's that really need it, but whom deserves it?

First, consider what category of beneficiary you'd like to assist: children, the elderly, cancer sufferers, the countryside, etc.

First, consider what category of beneficiary you'd like to assist: children, the elderly, cancer sufferers, the countryside, etc.

From your choices i would say elderly or the countryside.

the borg benevolant fund is a very worthy cause :)

actually, a more local worthwhile charity would be the ms unit in catcliffe

Any that give kids with terminal cancer a dream holiday.

please help at the sheffields childrens hospital( tree tops )rooms for familys to stay

when there child is seriously ill in hospital ,so mums and dads are with them 24/7 these rooms are used by familys from all over the uk thank you

jacklev1:)

please help at the sheffields childrens hospital( tree tops )rooms for familys to stay

when there child is seriously ill in hospital ,so mums and dads are with them 24/7 these rooms are used by familys from all over the uk thank you

jacklev1:)

Same as above :thumbsup: ^^^^^^^

I have some good money to give to thing's that really need it, but whom deserves it?

What a lovely thing to do :)

There are lots of deserving charities out there, if i had enough i would like to donate British heart foundation, cancer trust, children's hospitals, neonatal units and research into why babies die with no apparent reason. I'm sure there are lots of different ones that fall under that category I just don't know all the names! I'm hoping to do some form of fundraising to help some of the neonatal units/ charities out as I recently lost my little boy and no one knows why. all of the above mentioned are also very deserving. either way you are doing a very nice thing to help others, just go with what's closest to your heart. There are loads and I'm sure you know someone either in your family or friends who have been affected by something that one of the charities helps. I thinks its a brilliant thing your doing x

Definately Sheffield Children's Hospital IMO.

My youngest has been in there a few times and the staff are superb.

As above there are different causes within the hospital you can give to or split the money between a few. Maybe the Clown Doctors? They do a great job and I think they cost £30k a year each in total. (No, that doesn't mean they get paid £30k a year, its what they cost the hospital each).

What a lovely idea.

I personally would try and find out specific things needed by the smaller local charities, and actually purchase what they need. I would prefer to give a little to many, not all to just one.

It would be great if we had access to a website which listed all the local charities, and their priority needs, however small or large. We could either buy/donate something specific, or donate a certain amount of money towards a particular item/service.

Over the years, I've had loads of items which I no longer needed or were unused and would have loved to donate to a local needy cause. I can never easily find anywhere that might need it. I mean things like stationery, desks,

toys, books, brand new kitchen equipment. The larger charity shops always seem full to bursting and rarely seem to appreciate anything I take in.