'Gone With the Wind' Actress Ann Rutherford Dead at 94

Ann Rutherford, best known for playing Scarlett O'Hara’s younger sister Carreen in Gone with the Wind, has died. She was 94. A close friend of Rutherford’s confirmed the actress died Monday evening in her Beverly Hills home to the Los Angeles Times, which reports she had been dealing with declining health.

C+P'D from imdb

if she lived just another 6 years she would be looking forward to one of the queens birthday cards.

if she lived just another 6 years she would be looking forward to one of the queens birthday cards.

I don't think Her Majesty sends 100th birthday cards to everyone in the world, just to UK citizens. I think E J Thribb in the next Private Eye will say she's now gone with the wind.

I don't think Her Majesty sends 100th birthday cards to everyone in the world, just to UK citizens.

:huh:

:thumbsup::hihi:

wups

There was a land of cotton fields and cavaliers called the old south. Here in this pretty world gallantry took its last bow, Here was the last to be seen of Knights and thier fair ladies, of master and slave. Look for it only in books for it is no more than a dream remembered.

A civilisation gone with the wind.

There was a land of cotton fields and cavaliers called the old south. Here in this pretty world gallantry took its last bow, Here was the last to be seen of Knights and thier fair ladies, of master and slave. Look for it only in books for it is no more than a dream remembered.

A civilisation gone with the wind.

:huh::huh:What:huh::huh:

The opening scene from the film.

Matt, we are a bit worried about you. Have you been on the Peruvian marching powder again?

94 is a very good innings.

At least Olivia de Havilland, who played the part of Melanie Hamilton, is still with us and she will be 96 next month.

She was obviously blessed with good genes, her sister Joan Fontaine is still alive too, and just a year younger.

Ironically, from Joan Fontaine's Mini Biography it says "her father was a British patent attorney with a lucrative practice in Japan, but due to Joan and older sister Olivia de Havilland's recurring ailments the family moved to California in the hopes of improving their health". I think it worked.

Anne Rutherford played opposite Mickey Rooney in a number of films, and he's still going strong as well. In fact I was in Weymouth about 5 years ago and saw posters for a show he was doing with his wife on the pier there, and touring the UK with.