How much is this REALLY?

We have a 7 month old puppy who we want to have spayed. We are registered with a vets and as part of the puppy club we are in we get a 20% discount off all treatments. However when I enquired about spaying I was told the price with our discount is £160. Other people I know have told me this is extortionate and believe it to be untrue. I have been told that I can have her spayed at the PDSA even though I dont get benefits as long as I pay for it. Im happy to pay the full cost but im just not sure what that actually is!!!:huh: Ive tried ringing PDSA but always get the answer machine. Any ideas people? thanks in advance

it is a little steep as it would make it £200 without the discount.

I do know there is some variation in what different vets charge, and i would say this one is certainly on the high end - which vets is it please?

Size/weight usually has a lot to do with it because it dictates amount of anasthetic and other drugs used

PDSA will not help you unless you get either Housing Benefit or Council Tax Benefit.Even if you offer to pay full going price.

I would try peak vets.

agreed it depends on the breed/weight of the dog you own,i paid £165 for my dog to be done

ha i go to crookes in hackenthorpe with my pooch shes a bichon friese so not a big dog

they weighed her last week and told me mine would be approx £145 if yours is a puppy i cant see it being much diferent to that to be honest

I take it you're being conned by Springfield group?

I took my foster dog to beech house vets in high green their costs start from £90, it may be worth contacting them for a price. Cancel the puppy plan as soon as you can, as it rolls over and continues to come out of your bank after the initial 12 months

I'd say thats about right for the cost of spaying. It does vary depending on the vets and size of the dog. But £160 isn't extortionate.

What breed of dog do you have if you don't mind me asking??

It cost me £200 plus to get my Rottie done :)

Goes on size and weight of the dog.

I take it you're being conned by Springfield group?

I took my foster dog to beech house vets in high green their costs start from £90, it may be worth contacting them for a price. Cancel the puppy plan as soon as you can, as it rolls over and continues to come out of your bank after the initial 12 months

yeah your right! how did ya guess?

My 25"/20 kg lurcher cost £120 at Abbey vets