Supercars in the City - Sheffield City Centre - 29th July 2012

Will kids be able to go for one of the rides? I have an 11yr old petrolhead and it would be fabulous for him

Will kids be able to go for one of the rides? I have an 11yr old petrolhead and it would be fabulous for him

Hi Mintchok,

Yes, children from ages 6 and above can go for a ride in the cars. If they are too small for a standard seat, there will be booster seats on the day too. :cool:

Hi all,

The convoy routes for the two separate displays are now on the website (http://www.supercarsinthecity.com), click on location.

Nearest car park info is on the news section.

In addition to the displays, at 1pm we will be having a "rev-off", with 5-10 of the cars giving it some beans. If you want to hear just how loud some of these cars are (and believe me, they are LOUD!), make sure you are at Barkers pool just before 1pm as it'll only last a couple of minutes.

My personal favourite is the Ferrari 430 Scuderia!! ;)

This should be great. Fingers crossed for some good weather. Good luck guys fab cause.

Had a fantastic morning at Supercars in the City today :)

Is this something you will be running every year? I'd love the opportunity to be a passenger in one of the cars but didn't manage it today.

I would add some photos if I knew how!

Had a fantastic time at Supercars in the City. I went in the Lambourghini Gallardo SL and had an absolute blast, it was such an experience and the prices were very reasonable for the standard of cars available. My mum fulfilled a dream and went for a ride in a TVR, my brother chose the Noble and my friend went in the Maserati. My cousin and his fiancee love Aston Martins, so they were in their element too! I also enjoyed taking photos of the other cars on display in both areas and the owners were very friendly and happy to talk about their pride and joy. There were some absolutely beautiful cars on display and the noise and smell was awesome. I hope a lot of money has been raised for Bluebell Wood, a very worthy cause! I also hope this is going to become an annual event, as i for one would come back again for a ride in another supercar! Well done on a great day, me and my family had a fantastic time.

Good show, thumbs up to all car owners who participated.

It wasn't very well publicised though, the cars available for riding in (this is what was supposed to raise the money) were just parked on show, no signs near them stating that you could pay for a ride in them. The makeshift desk where you booked was tucked away to the side, outside of the cordoned area, with no signs near it. We had to ask stewards where it was and even when they pointed we couldn't see it at first.

Eventually one of the event guys stood in the middle of the show area and announced that "as long as the cars are on show, they aren't raising any money, you can book a ride at the desk over there!" which seemed to work.

I really hope some good money was raised, Bluebell Woods deserves it. I hope it happens again next year (maybe with a little extra planning!) and once again, thumbs up to the participants and organisers :thumbsup:

I never got the Lada down in time, I'm setting my own meet up elsewhere at this moment. Winks,

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback, it is very much appreciated and glad you enjoyed the show! :)

re: the publicising/advertising, we didn't publicise hugely as this was our first attempt at a public show and we didn't want to over promise and under deliver. Keeping it smaller and managable ensured that we can learn from any mistakes, see the reaction and determine if we should look to do another one in future. This is a comment that we've had a few times though, so will certainly do something about that if we do another one! ;)

Thanks for all the compliments too!

Re: the critism on signage for the passenger rides this has been noted for future and is definately an area we can improve on.

Re: Photos, if you have some but don't know how to upload, email to me at paul@supercarsinthecity.com and I'll put them on our website in the next week.

Thanks again folks - the event was really well attended and everyone seemed to enjoy it. The final tally for Bluebell is still to be counted, but it is in excess of £1,000.

Any more comments, feedback, praise (we like praise! ;) ) or constructive critisim appreciated - we are listening and taking note. :)

Cheers!

Paul.

Edited by SupercarCity