Supercars in the City - Sheffield City Centre - 29th July 2012

Hi all

We're organising a free Supercar show in Sheffield city centre on 29 July called Supercars in the City, 10am-2pm. We will have a moving parade first thing in the morning, a static display at several areas throughout the city, and also the chance to make a charitable donation and go for rides in some of the cars! We're raising money on the day for Bluebell Wood Childrens hospice.

I wanted to make sure everyone who is a petrol head is aware of this event as we currently have over 50 cars confirmed including Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche, mclaren, TVR, Maserati and so on.. Also event sponsors JCT600 will be bringing some exotica to drool over too!

Really hope this is well received and supported by you all :)

Sounds good. Whereabouts in the city centre?

Excellent. Please keep us posted with the details when you know them.

Indeed, awaiting more details :D

Seems like a good day out too me.Hope the weather holds for all the effort they will have put in getting the cars to look their best.

Hi all

We're organising a free Supercar show in Sheffield city centre on 29 July called Supercars in the City, 10am-2pm. We will have a moving parade first thing in the morning, a static display at several areas throughout the city, and also the chance to make a charitable donation and go for rides in some of the cars! We're raising money on the day for Bluebell Wood Childrens hospice.

I wanted to make sure everyone who is a petrol head is aware of this event as we currently have over 50 cars confirmed including Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche, mclaren, TVR, Maserati and so on.. Also event sponsors JCT600 will be bringing some exotica to drool over too!

Really hope this is well received and supported by you all :)

Can you please post further details on here once available as this would be nice to see ?

Thanks

will there be road closures?

what's the route of the parade and where will the rides be running from?

could have Barker's Pool outside of City Hall as a rendezvous point, i think everyone would go there for a peek!

I can't find this on the council website - does that mean this event doesn't have the necessary permissions and insurances?

I can't find this on the council website - does that mean this event doesn't have the necessary permissions and insurances?

another example of health and safety gone mad, cant see why you would need insurances for cars parked up for somebody looking at them,

another example of health and safety gone mad, cant see why you would need insurances for cars parked up for somebody looking at them,
Because ANY event needs appropriate crowd management etc, besides the chaos that 50 cars parked up somewhere could cause, and offering rides to members of the public DEFFO needs to be mentioned to insurance companies

Mod Note

Posts removed for bickering, please stay on topic and keep it civil.