Tree stumps problem

Hi, we have removed a hedge from our garden, to find that there were 3 trees in it. What is the best way to remove the offending stumps please? :help:

Hi, we have removed a hedge from our garden, to find that there were 3 trees in it. What is the best way to remove the offending stumps please? :help:

how big are they

about 2 ft high now, poss 1-2ft wide

Either dig them out or grind/chop them down to ground level. It will take years for them to rot away on their own.

Buy some stump rotter from the local nursery.

How long does stump rotter take to work? We've got a big old gaot willow stump that we need rid of

If you cut them down then make a cross on the remaining stump poor oil into this, the stump will take it up and kill it. Not sure how long it will take.

If you cut them down then make a cross on the remaining stump poor oil into this, the stump will take it up and kill it. Not sure how long it will take.

Its illegal to do this! The op asked how to get rid of tree stumps not how to kill them.

Stump rotter takes ages on stumps this size. Are you wanting to plant around the stumps? I planted small plants around the roots of the stumps as its easier than trying to remove the stump and roots.

Edited by Chez2
typos!

Guest makapaka

I’ve dug out a planter / rockery at the bottom of my garden which previously had 3 small trees in it which I’ve cut down.

I’m stuck with the stumps that I need to get out - does anyone have advice as to how to do this myself - or know a company that can come and do it for me?

Thanks.

I once cut an old ash down to ground level and then drilled the stump away with a half inch drill ,it took ages but I got rid of it eventually .

Ive heard Amey are a good company who deal with this sort of thing

Guest makapaka
Ive heard Amey are a good company who deal with this sort of thing

Can’t afford the prices :hihi: