Help/advice with my car please

Hi, I have a Renault Clio 2002 and the roof has started leaking near the sunroof (been told clio's are known for this) however I don't know if this is linked to the leak or If it is something different but half an hour after I lock my car the alarm has started going off so I turn alarm off but half an hour after that it goes off again. The only way I can stop it is to leave my car unlocked but that isn't really the best thing to do but it is the only option so I am just wondering if there is anybody that can tell me why it is doing it and how it can be sorted

Please PM me with any info

Thankyou

Might be a fault with car or alarm< but also may be a clever thief trying to trick u into thinking there is something wrong so u then leave your car open, he can then return iness and see if u where daft enough to leave anything of value inside an unlocked car.

If it is an electrically operated sunroof,then the electrics may be getting wet. It is probably just a coincidence that the alarm is playing up but I suggest getting it checked by an auto electrician.

If you have a small black dome by your interior light then your remote locking/alarm sensor is above that and might have got water in from your leaking sunroof or if you have an Ariel above it they are prone to leak on the clio.

Sounds like sensor it's located in the door panel if alarm keeps going off check the fuse box and remove the alarm fuse and you should still be able to lick the car manually

Thanks guys might get it checked by an auto electrician as I know nothing about cars. Can anyone recommend a cheap reliable one?

Ecclesfield garage not mobile but good price

I can recommend a good guy. He can stop the leak and dry out the area where is damp causing your alarm to go off. His number is 08432897643. Hes called Dom.

Cheers.

Just like you're called Dom???

What a coincidence................

For car electrics, I was recommended Autotronix on City Road by several members of this forum. I'm very happy to add my name to that list. :thumbsup:

Yeah geared funny that how sum1 has the same name as me isnt it. never known that to happen before. oh well u can but try n help people but obvs because i share the same name as that person i must be a spammer? Some people really need to get a grip!!!

Don't buy ageing second-hand cars with sunroofs. The rubber seals age and shrink etc and thats what causes leaks.