Sky broadband contract up who should i sign up with ?

Stay away from Orange! I got stuck with them when they bought Wannadoo a few years ago. Terrible customer service, they haven't got a clue, they just read a script and when than doesn't solve the proble they just say they'll do a line check and call back tomorrow.

AOL are just as bad.

I've been with O2 for the last 4 or 5 years, cannot fault them, I don't know what their customer service is like because I've never had to use it!

I'm having to leave O2 due to a house move, the new property needs reconnecting by BT, £130, unless you sign up with them for calls and broadband then it's free reconnection.

I am with Sky for tv, broadband and phone. I've never had a problem with them and when I have rang them to upgrade tv package or discuss bank details etc they have been extremely helpful. I don't think they are expensive either. I feel if it aint broke don't fix it. I'd stay with sky.

And please do not go with Virgin. Had so many problems with them I actually paid to get out of the contract very early! Shocking customer service!!

Best thing to do it to compare the prices of orange and the other networks. In fact, or contact an orange helpline for more information.:|

An Orange help line will not help you, they will just tell you all the good things you want to hear to sell you their product.

Search for Orange broadband reviews and see what other users have to say about them.

Personally I would go with Sky Fibre or Origin Broadband (personal preference being Origin), if available in your area. Both of course cost more than what you currently have but should get much better performance.

Failing that, staying with Sky is likely to be the best value for money, although O2/Be would be the best performance but costs considerably more.

But then I rarely use the landline for calls so I do not see any value in bundling calls into.

The whole free 0845/0870 is a scam as the instant that came in about 90% of businesses switched to 0844,0871, etc, which are not included in the bundle.

Edited by AlexAtkin

Virgin Media > Origin > O2 > Sky

Don't be drawn into the cheap prices of Orange and TalkTalk, they are shockingly bad; poor customer service, poor technical support and even worse "broadband."

Virgin and Origin are more expensive but their speeds are worth it. O2 have great customer service and their network is rather good, I got decent speeds/etc from them. As for Sky, competitive prices and alright service. Unless there's a specific reason for moving, I'd just stick with Sky.

Edit: Just noticed a later post of yours. I now recommend O2.

Edited by Y0rkshireman

Virgin Media are not even in the same league as Origin or O2.

They sell you super-fast speeds and that is great, when it works. But if your cabinet is over-contended, you're screwed, as they refuse to do anything about it unless it carries on for months. Their traffic management totally fails to compensate for these problems, so gaming becomes unplayable.

To me, that is totally unacceptable. If your service is unreliable it should be fixed, not left for months. I would sooner choose BT than Virgin and I do not like BT.

Origin and O2 on the other hand, I'm not aware of them ever having contention issues. Sky possibly have, but I believe they actually fix it when it happens.

Edited by AlexAtkin

never had a bad word to say about virgin even paid my bill for 3 mnths when i had a car smash speeds where great and customer service was ace only left and went with sky because no virgin service where i moved to sky is 47 per mnth with unlimited broadband every channell pack on tv except sports n movies and free evenings n weekend calls !!!!!!!!!!!bargain

DO NOT GO ORANGE! huge mistake I've made and can't wait to get out, massive bandwidth shaping that they love not to mention when they're selling you the deal.

I create loads of kitesurf videos which I share, because they skupper that certain protocol my speed drops to about 5k from 2pm to 2am, rubbish!

Is this now or months ago, because I've been to they have changed since they took over wannadoo ( i took a package at that time and it was a pain )

I have been with Virgin for many years and for actually supplying the contracted speed and connectivity I have no complaints, the only thing we have experienced was that on really hot days the connection failed which seems to be a common problem when looking at their forum, so good job we don't have many hot days. On one occasion when I screwed up my laptop by installing wireless router software instead of plugging and playing, an extremely knowledgeable and patient network engineer talked me through forty five minutes of fixes to settings etc. Their broadband helpline is I believe back to being free.