More staffy attacks on kids

Staffie's are actually very good with children, its bad owners or bad breeding with the pitbull types.

It's more likely to be badly bred owners.

We know from previous discussions that all dogs can attack, but it's quite evident from media reports that staffy attacks are not only the most common but the most vicious. Generally speaking the sort of person who would want to own a staffy is likely to be a lowlife chav who actively breeds his dog to be violent, but you hardly ever read about other gentler breeds of dog attacking kids like this. Even a staffy brought up by a caring owner in a loving home can suddenly snap for no reason.

The reason staffies are getting it in the neck is because the media have decided to pick on them this time, it was only a few years ago that it was the rotties, before that the german shepherds and before that the dobemans.

If people actually did a full study on every dog bite reported then i think staffies would come way down on the list...its usually the little dogs like the poodles, jack russells etc which bite and attack more but it does not make as good reading material :)

Staffie's are actually very good with children, its bad owners or bad breeding with the pitbull types.

So how do you explain these three recent staffy attacks on children that have attracted so much press coverage?

My daughter had 3 staffies. Two of them turned on the 3rd, savaging it by the throat and killed it. Blood and guts all over the kitchen. The two attackers were put down. I'm glad my 18 month grandson was out of the room. I know people say Staffies are good with children but it worried me sick having 3 of them round my grandson. I'm sure French Poodles can be good with children but they dont attack and bite ears off.

My daughter had 3 staffies. Two of them turned on the 3rd, savaging it by the throat and killed it. Blood and guts all over the kitchen. The two attackers were put down. I'm glad my 18 month grandson was out of the room. I know people say Staffies are good with children but it worried me sick having 3 of them round my grandson. I'm sure French Poodles can be good with children but they dont attack and bite ears off.

Wanna bet, i once had a poodle and it was forever attacking my rottweiler...

Nasty little soda they are.

Wanna bet, i once had a poodle and it was forever attacking my rottweiler...

Nasty little soda they are.

Nothing worse than a nasty 'soda'.....Sorry Lucy, couldn't resist that one!...:hihi:

Nothing worse than a nasty 'soda'.....Sorry Lucy, couldn't resist that one!...:hihi:

Damn typos :hihi:

Thats because being savaged by a yorkie wouldn't attract your attention so it won't make front page news..

It makes me wonder sometimes the tie between the media and charitable organisations.

Yorkies and Jack Russels, vicious little things that think they're Rottweillers :rant:

Two of my friends have Staffies, theyre both teaching assistants in primary schools :roll:

Times must really be hard if schools are employing dogs.:hihi:

Yorkies and Jack Russels, vicious little things that think they're Rottweillers :rant:

Small man syndrome :D

I had a boss like that.

“There is a big problem in London and some other areas, where people choose a macho looking dog as a status symbol and train it especially to be aggressive, which is not the natural temperament of the Staffordshire Bull Terriers or other breeds. Others go into dog ownership with good intentions but without the right level of knowledge about what type of breed will fit their lifestyle and how to train them effectively.

According to the Kennel Club.

sick of hearing owners saying their dog wouldn't hurt anyone,then they attack someone!some times their own family( not a bad thing )