Torrential rain, roads closed including Leppings Lane

Ahhh, judging by your other pics she was much better off indoors.

Too right! I was rather enjoying it out doors to be honest! No chance of a Chinese take away though I dont think.

just had a wander around, theres a fair bit of mopping up to do in the Hillsborugh shoping center, bottom of hillsborough park and car-park is flooded and the section of Penistone road at the oppersite the lesiure center is being pumped by the fire services.

we're on Taplin Road our celler is under a several inches of water, discovered when the electrics blew

Can be useful things cellars,in 2007 we had about 3 ft in ours.Today we have a wet floor only,our electric gizmos are about 5ft high on a wall.The drains can't cope with all the water,when the rain stopped the drains took over and the cellar emptied over night.

Qwlerton by the way.

I used to see road sweepers emptying the drains quite regularly 25-30 years ago.

Along with fortnightly bin collections, once more we are fobbed off by this council failing in its duties. Just what are we paying for with our exorbitant council tax?

You rarely heard the phrase 'flash flooding' either.

Yes road sweepers would help however, the bigest problem these days is they cant get to the drains due to the large amount of parked cars

I went down and got pictures, here they are, starting from walking down from wisewood, bottom of dunella road to middlewood road outside kfc in the middle of the road it was just under knee deep.

sdc10660q.jpg

sdc10663d.jpg

sdc10667o.jpg

sdc10669p.jpg

sdc10679h.jpg

sdc10681a.jpg

sdc10683v.jpg

sdc10685e.jpg

sdc10686a.jpg

My parents live at the top of Carlton Road and they ended up with 2ft of water in their house last night - this is about the 4th time it is happened - something to do with the drains outside granvilles shop!! Im going to help with the clean up!

I actually went out in this to take somebody home near the Hallamshire, and it was very localised. Absolutely teeming it down at our house, not so bad at Malin Bridge, completely bone dry by the Hallamshire. Unbelievably though on the way back it was the same: drizzling a couple of minutes away, then still pinging off the road outside our house. That was about a quarter to ten just as the Ireland match was finishing.

I did see someone trying to clear the debris off the drain opposite Granville's shop as well.

I used to see road sweepers emptying the drains quite regularly 25-30 years ago.

Along with fortnightly bin collections, once more we are fobbed off by this council failing in its duties. Just what are we paying for with our exorbitant council tax?

You rarely heard the phrase 'flash flooding' either.

They've been out and cleaned the drains in our street 3 times in the last 6 months, and I knew about it because they've come and asked me to move my car so that they can get to the drain that's in my parking spot

It may not be as common a sight as it used to be, but they do still do it.

we're on Taplin Road our celler is under a several inches of water, discovered when the electrics blew

can i ask what number or roughly where abouts on taplin? im in the process of buying a house on there and dont want a cellar full of water when i move in!!

Ecclesall Road was under about six inches of water from the Moore Street roundabout to about Tesco.

I've just been watching Look North, and some of the problems on Middlewood Road were blamed on motorists driving their cars on the pavements causing the water to rise an cause water to seep into businesses and properties - there was CCTV footage showing it. Look North also said that residents were trying to stop motorists doing this - not sure how they could though. A very sad situation and clearly some motorists just weren't thinking of the potential damage they were doing.