Maggie Towle/Dempsey/??

This is probably a very long shot but I have been trying to find my friend Maggie. She was born in sheffield and worked as a hairdresser in Rackhams, high street. Her mother was called Margaret and she had sisters of which I can only remember two, Janice and Jane. One ran a pub in leeds with her husband. She had a hairdressers on the four greens at southey and also had one behind Thorpes bookmakers at the top of Barnsley rd previous to that. I knew her many years and she came with me and my daughter Emmajo to Majorca to stay with a friend of mine Gina. She met her 2nd husband Mike out there, whose surname i never knew. She had a son Luke and a daughter who I think was Rebecca? Mike and Maggie were married in Gretna Green maybe 20 odd years ago. The last time I heard from her she had some health problems, she moved house in Majorca and I lost touch. It would make me extremely happy if I could find her, or some news about her. I think about her often and wonder where she is, she was such great fun, can anyone help me find her. I have tried friends reunited and facebook and have even written to the local newspaper in Majorca, but came up with nothing. Many thanks to anyone who may be able to help. Paula

Hi Paula, I don't know Maggie but information from public records gives her maiden name as Towell, so if you are searching under her maiden name it might be better to use this spelling.

Just for the record - Margaret Towell was born in Sheffield in Sheffield 1958, parents Alfred Towell and Margaret Towell, née Dalby. Older sisters Janice, b. 1953 and Jane, b. 1955. Married Brian Dempsey in Sheffield in 1978.

Good luck!.:)

Hillsbro, thank you so so much for that info, memory must be fading a bit I could not remember her first husbands name for the life of me and she was allready married when I knew her and remember her saying her maiden name was towell(now spelt correctly). Thank you.

This is probably a very long shot but I have been trying to find my friend Maggie. She was born in sheffield and worked as a hairdresser in Rackhams, high street. Her mother was called Margaret and she had sisters of which I can only remember two, Janice and Jane. One ran a pub in leeds with her husband. She had a hairdressers on the four greens at southey and also had one behind Thorpes bookmakers at the top of Barnsley rd previous to that. I knew her many years and she came with me and my daughter Emmajo to Majorca to stay with a friend of mine Gina. She met her 2nd husband Mike out there, whose surname i never knew. She had a son Luke and a daughter who I think was Rebecca? Mike and Maggie were married in Gretna Green maybe 20 odd years ago. The last time I heard from her she had some health problems, she moved house in Majorca and I lost touch. It would make me extremely happy if I could find her, or some news about her. I think about her often and wonder where she is, she was such great fun, can anyone help me find her. I have tried friends reunited and facebook and have even written to the local newspaper in Majorca, but came up with nothing. Many thanks to anyone who may be able to help. Paula

Hi Paula this is Maggies sister Janice! I've passed your message on...she came back to Sheffield nearly 4 years ago! She's just moved house so she will be in touch xx

I cant believe this, I have been looking for her for so long then within 3 days of posting on here I found her I am so so greatful for those who tried to help me. Somebody tell me how to pm so I can pass my phone number on to you Janice, what area does she live in I am in Southey. Oh my god this has made my year. It is a big birthday for me in July, what a present.

Janice, have managed to pm you

Thanks everyone I am now reunited with Maggie after nearly 18 years and we are meeting in a few days, no doubt wine will be involved. XXXXX