Do you take copy of ID when you buy something?

I think the op is on about me as he was going to buy my laptop off me but they wanted to see my passport and take a copy of it for some strange reason. When I said no due to identity theft and so on they thought I was in the wrong

I think the op is on about me as he was going to buy my laptop off me but they wanted to see my passport and take a copy of it for some strange reason. When I said no due to identity theft and so on they thought I was in the wrong

You do right not to share that information coming to your house should be good enough.

We actually saw the sun last week in Wales.....real BBQ weather.

Daughter popped to Morrisons for wine and came back well chuffed!

She is 32 and was challenged are you over 18.

Somehow the compliment pleased her more than the refusal.

She then sent hubby to fetch the wine saying "you look an old sod". lol.

p.s......I don't get all this bickering.

Shops can challenge anyone they think may be under age. End of.

There is no such thing as the challenge 25 law

Who said there was?

Dont you just love it when the biggest thicko on the thread starts to throw around the insults about people being stupid and thick :hihi:

I do see you point, with regards to people not looking their age, my son is almost 26 & has to carry ID I ensure he's got it before he goes out. Everyone has been quick to point out about not looking 25, and the point I made was about the woman of 92 who was refused a bottle of scotch.

Now don't tell me you'd have a problem deciding if she was over 80, let alone 18, yet the shopkeeper said no ID no sale. No if that is not pathetic. looks like I'm pants down in Fargate. PLEASE trust me it's not nice.:):)

There will always be idiots who do not know how to apply the Licensing Regs.

jb

I was a little amused when a bottle of Angostura Bitters came up with "THINK 25" in the supermarket. Yes, the stuff is alcoholic, but it's undrinkable unless you dilute it a lot.

Edited by adamf

Oh, just realised its about BUYING something, not getting ID'd in a shop - No, I don't think many people demand to see ID from a seller when they buy something - Except shops like cash converters. I wouldn't just hand a copy of my ID to anyone who came to my house :hihi:

I had the same thing in the Co Op, went to buy some cans for OH last summer while he was doing a BBQ - His cousin's girlfriend (18 ) came into the shop, and got herself a bag of crisps, and we had a chat whilst in the queue. I got asked for ID, and then they asked her for hers. Why? She was only buying crisps! Well, apparently, it was clear she was with me, and I could have been buying alcohol to give to her. Ridiculous :hihi: They serve me when I'm with my 7 year old daughter though, and I imagine loads of parents with teenage children get served with alcohol every day

Heard loads of stories like this. It's supermarkets making up idiotic policies that have no basis in law

Yes, they are right - they are right to not serve anyone at any time for any reason, as they are perfectly allowed to do.

Yes and any shop displaying such moronic behaviour will rightfully lose a lot of business

Oh, just realised its about BUYING something, not getting ID'd in a shop - No, I don't think many people demand to see ID from a seller when they buy something - Except shops like cash converters. I wouldn't just hand a copy of my ID to anyone who came to my house :hihi:

It depends on the price of an item. I'd be pretty miffed to sell something expensive like a laptop or TV and find I'd been given fake £20s.

When I sell a car I always ask the seller for proof and fill in the log book from the details on the paperwork.

You're missing the point.

It's not a hard concept to grasp.

If you look under 25 they ask for ID to prove you're over 18.

It is impossible to look 'under' anything your 72 and have the silky smooth skin of a 11 year old , you still look 72.