Do you take copy of ID when you buy something?

Bypassblade still doesn't get it :):hihi:

Bypassblade still doesn't get it :):hihi:

I think the 'bypass' bit of the name refers to what happens to the brain!

Your point about 18 being the legal age to buy alcohol has not been disputed - your assertion that a 'challenge 25' policy somehow goes against this has.

How do you ensure you are only selling to people older than 18? You ask for ID. How do you avoid having to ask everyone who buys booze for ID? You might want to implement an extremely sensible policy, like only asking those who look under 25 for ID, as that is the demographic where it is hardest to tell the age of someone by just looking at their face.

I understand where he's coming from. What does looking a certain age prove considering its all down to guesswork from the shop worker? The fact they've changed the wording from 18, to 21 and now to 25 shows the flaws in their policy.

Just call it "prove your age", it would make much more sense.

But then you would be asking someone who is 70, and clearly over 18, for ID. A huge inconvenience for retailer and customer.

So, if you have a policy where you ask those who you are not sure about - for instance, if you think they're over 25 don't bother asking, it's much more efficient for both parties.

I understand where he's coming from. What does looking a certain age prove considering its all down to guesswork from the shop worker? The fact they've changed the wording from 18, to 21 and now to 25 shows the flaws in their policy.

Just call it "prove your age", it would make much more sense.

:rolleyes:

You're signature says it all, show me ONCE where I have said there is no problem with underage drinking. Once AGAIN making something up, my point has been in every post that the age to LEGALLY buy booze is 18, so you wise up get in the groove or what ever you children do & listen to the laws of the land.

I expect you to respond when kindergarten closes later, now jog on child

The pint is, if the cashier in the shop doesn't THINK you LOOK over 25, they HAVE to ask you for ID. This is because I assume, of all the 15/16/17 year olds who look much older. Just LOOKING over 18 doesn't quite cut it any more. If you look 18 or 21, you may well only be 16 or even younger, so to safeguard the shop, you have to look over 25 or show ID - but they even ask people who I'm certain do look well over 25, but I guess people have different opinions. They're not saying you have to be over 21 or 25 to buy it, just that if you don't look 25, they will ask you to prove you are over 18.

The pint is, if the cashier in the shop doesn't THINK you LOOK over 25, they HAVE to ask you for ID. This is because I assume, of all the 15/16/17 year olds who look much older. Just LOOKING over 18 doesn't quite cut it any more. If you look 18 or 21, you may well only be 16 or even younger, so to safeguard the shop, you have to look over 25 or show ID - but they even ask people who I'm certain do look well over 25, but I guess people have different opinions. They're not saying you have to be over 21 or 25 to buy it, just that if you don't look 25, they will ask you to prove you are over 18.

I do see you point, with regards to people not looking their age, my son is almost 26 & has to carry ID I ensure he's got it before he goes out. Everyone has been quick to point out about not looking 25, and the point I made was about the woman of 92 who was refused a bottle of scotch.

Now don't tell me you'd have a problem deciding if she was over 80, let alone 18, yet the shopkeeper said no ID no sale. No if that is not pathetic. looks like I'm pants down in Fargate. PLEASE trust me it's not nice.:):)

I do see you point, with regards to people not looking their age, my son is almost 26 & has to carry ID I ensure he's got it before he goes out. Everyone has been quick to point out about not looking 25, and the point I made was about the woman of 92 who was refused a bottle of scotch.

Now don't tell me you'd have a problem deciding if she was over 80, let alone 18, yet the shopkeeper said no ID no sale. No if that is not pathetic. looks like I'm pants down in Fargate. PLEASE trust me it's not nice.:):)

In which case, why are you ranting on about Challenge 25? If she was obviously over 80, she would be just as likely to have been ID'd if the shop operated a Challenge 18 policy. For whatever reason, the shop didn't want to serve her. Blaming it on the Challenge 25 policies is nonsensical.

Yes, they are right - they are right to not serve anyone at any time for any reason, as they are perfectly allowed to do.

They have a right but that doesn't make it right.

Well, some staff must be told to ID everyone, and they take it a bit too far! Last week, on the bus, an old woman got on, and she was clearly at least 85, but couldn't find her OAP pass, and had no cash to pay the driver, so he threw her off, until a lady jumped up and offered to pay for her. She sat down on the bus, started talking, and she was actually 90, very, very visibly over 60 - but some people don't use common sense - Then again, it can cost them their job after all

Well, some staff must be told to ID everyone, and they take it a bit too far! Last week, on the bus, an old woman got on, and she was clearly at least 85, but couldn't find her OAP pass, and had no cash to pay the driver, so he threw her off, until a lady jumped up and offered to pay for her. She sat down on the bus, started talking, and she was actually 90, very, very visibly over 60 - but some people don't use common sense - Then again, it can cost them their job after all

Minimum wage shop workers don't get paid enough to use their brains.

In which case, why are you ranting on about Challenge 25? If she was obviously over 80, she would be just as likely to have been ID'd if the shop operated a Challenge 18 policy. For whatever reason, the shop didn't want to serve her. Blaming it on the Challenge 25 policies is nonsensical.

Please, please, please have I turned left @ sanity point & bumped into all the narrow minded thickos', obviously in your life common sense never told to you, or explained properly. Right I'm off now to have a grown up conversation, with the fairies at the bottom of our garden.

There is no such thing as the challenge 25 law, it is a sticker put up in a shop, never been through Parliament as an act, unlike the 18 year old & over drinking laws, laid down & followed by people with an ounce of nouse since god was in short trousers.

I have never come across so many stupid people that CANNOT grasp the concept of the 18 & over law, & the application of common sense, oh & in regards to our laws there are NO OTHER AGE LAWS written in relation to drinking; only by such as bloody Tesco's & the like.:loopy::loopy::rant::rant: