Franklin Street

On 10/11/2015 at 01:02, deeda said:

looking to hear from oscar215,i believe we grew up on the same street.if hes still using the forum I would like to hear from him.Picking through the threads it sounds as though the old school (sharrow lane) is now something other than a school.Idont get back to Sheffield much now but would like to hear from anyone who lived on franklin street or attended Sharrow lane 1952 onwards.

I went to Sharrow Lane in 54, and remember I as a great school, much better than the grammar school I went to after, so many great memories of Franklin Street and the school, we now live in Australia but we get back every now and then

9 hours ago, Michael Smith ( said:

I seem to recognise the name, you seemed to have moved as much as me, I still don't know your name ?  would you remember Jillian Ferey from Sharrow lane School she was the chemists daughter

My name is Brian Walley, I don't recall Jillian Ferey but memories of names keep coming back to me, remember Ashley Richards? he was the only black kid at Sharrow Lane I think and Rainer (can't remember his first name). Graham Mulcrone lived half way up on the same side as us but I don't remember him going to the school.

14 hours ago, 13court2 said:

My name is Brian Walley, I don't recall Jillian Ferey but memories of names keep coming back to me, remember Ashley Richards? he was the only black kid at Sharrow Lane I think and Rainer (can't remember his first name). Graham Mulcrone lived half way up on the same side as us but I don't remember him going to the school.

Yes Brian now I know you I think we were good pals back then, the more I am thinking about the place I keep remembering bits and pieces, I remember Graham, do you remember the Kellys  Linda  Niel and Mick he was a bit of a handful but my aunt Rays mother beat him up one day for picking on me.

10 hours ago, Michael Smith ( said:

Yes Brian now I know you I think we were good pals back then, the more I am thinking about the place I keep remembering bits and pieces, I remember Graham, do you remember the Kellys  Linda  Niel and Mick he was a bit of a handful but my aunt Rays mother beat him up one day for picking on me.

yes, they were in the yard next to ours behind where you lived, Linda ran one of the West Street pubs for a while, don't remember which one, there was also Rita Kelly, she was a bit older than us.

You lived somewhere here ->

https://images.app.goo.gl/LiZLHJzRMaMP6ehd

that's Horace's on the corner

Edited by 13court2
forgot url

21 hours ago, 13court2 said:

yes, they were in the yard next to ours behind where you lived, Linda ran one of the West Street pubs for a while, don't remember which one, there was also Rita Kelly, she was a bit older than us.

You lived somewhere here ->

https://images.app.goo.gl/LiZLHJzRMaMP6ehd

that's Horace's on the corner

Do you have any family Brian we have 2boys and 4 grandchildren and next year we will have been married 50 years. The boys moved to Australia some years ago and we moved when I retired in 2009

The link to what ever you sent did not work

29 minutes ago, Michael Smith ( said:

Do you have any family Brian we have 2boys and 4 grandchildren and next year we will have been married 50 years. The boys moved to Australia some years ago and we moved when I retired in 2009

The link to what ever you sent did not work

I've been with my present wife for 20 years, got a daughter to a previous relationship and good and bad memories of past relationships.

My cousin moved to Australia about 40 years ago and then my aunt and uncle followed him, don't know exactly where, somewhere near Perth, they love it, said they'd never come back here.

try this link >

https://picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;s15957&pos=1&action=zoom&id=18707

We were moved to Franklin Street after they had been designated for demolition. I believe the council used those places to house poor families who could not afford normal council rents after they were emptied  for demolition. Anyone remember a Connie Crossland?

• Members
  •  
  • 1 post
  • Joined Feb 2020

We were moved to 13/3 Franklin Street after they had been designated for demolition. I believe the council used those places to house poor families who could not afford normal council rents after they were emptied  for demolition. Anyone remember a Connie Crossland and the Crossland tribe?

Hi can anyone help me in a search for relatives? Frank Jinks lived at no 2 (or possibly no 1) from around 1918....I believe his wife had originally had the surname Nell  Not long after moving there (with 4 little girls) (where did they go?) his wife died. I understand that Frank married again in 1920, and they had a daughter in 1921. The wife and daughter  were still there in 1940 but Frank may  have died. The daughter (Kathleen) married a Mr Darlow in 1939. Can any shed any light? Would be much appreciated. Thanks 

On 07/05/2020 at 22:04, John Crossland said:
  • Members
  •  
  • 1 post
  • Joined Feb 2020

We were moved to 13/3 Franklin Street after they had been designated for demolition. I believe the council used those places to house poor families who could not afford normal council rents after they were emptied  for demolition. Anyone remember a Connie Crossland and the Crossland tribe?

we were at 13/2 which was on the same side as Horace's barber shop on the corner, not sure how the numbers worked but you were either next door next yard or across the street, though I don't recall the name Crossland :confused: