Franklin Street

Seems like yuo have got the same proglem as me shud hav paid more atteshun at skool lol

Seems like yuo have got the same proglem as me shud hav paid more atteshun at skool lol

Aah yes .. that Mr. Gallagher.. he was fearsome ! ... used to sling the blackboard brush at us... Btw. if you Google the website... ''Peter Owen Jones''

(our art teacher)... you can see his work and prints which are available to buy.

Does anyone know of a George Froggatt? born 1930 in Sheffield to a George and Mary Froggatt. His mother was my fathers sister.

I know little more of them except that they lived in Franklin Street and then moved to the Woodthorpe area.

Would appreciate any help,.

Bethany1

wait till hillsbro comes on he good with this stuff

Too reyt Richie nowt ha can't find out lol...

Oh dear - it seems I have a reputation to live up to! :o I can just give a little information from online public records. George Froggatt married Mary Wain in Sheffield in Apr-Jun 1919, and their two children were evidently Myra, born Oct-Dec 1919, and George, born Jul-Sep 1931. The family would have moved from Franklin Street some time before c. 1967 when the houses on Franklin Street were demolished. Here is a link to a picturesheffield.com photo of the street, taken shortly prior to demolition.

George jnr. may well have been the George Froggatt who married a Lily Luff in Sheffield in 1957. Lily was evidently 12 years older than George (born in Sheffiield in 1919). George and Lily don't seem to have had any children, to judge from the births index.

Edited by hillsbro

George Froggatt born 4/9/1931 and died May 1985 in Sheffield

Yes Daven - spot on! I somehow couldn't get to the deaths index with ancestry but I have it now via findmypast. Lily doesn't seem to feature in the deaths index, nor does she appear to have remarried. George snr. may have been the George Froggatt who died in Sheffield in Oct-Dec 1947 aged 46, and Mary the Mary Froggatt who died in Sheffield in 1964 aged 68.

Hello Hillsboro

Thank you so much for the information. You also presented me with another cousin Myra. Am very sad to hear of George,s passing, and so long ago.

Many thanks

Bethany1

Hello Bethany1 - I think your cousin Myra must have been the Myra Froggatt who married a Michael Shaw in Sheffield in 1942. There is an entry in the deaths index for a Myra Shaw, born 23 November 1919, who died in Sheffield in Jul-Sep 1991.

Hillsboro- you are a fountain of kindness and information. Many thanks for Myras information

Sad isn't it? cousins I never knew,

Bethany1

Hello again Bethany1 - I'm only too glad to be able to find information (with a little help from Daven!) Yes, it is sad to discover relatives that we never knew. Finding Myra's descendants - if any - might be tricky. There were three Shaw/Froggatt marriages in Sheffield between 1936 and 1942, and six Shaw children born between 1942 and 1954 in Sheffield, with the mother's maiden name given as Froggatt! :)