What happens after gumtree..Distressing

Thought I'd share this on here. Not to upset anyone but it just goes to prove that SURELY there needs to be tighter regulations on animal sales on the internet, :(

Also for the reason that this article shows the baxtds face and name.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1580945_teenage-thug-from-wigan-hit-staffordshire-bull-terrier-with-hammer-then-stabbed-it-to-death-before-going-to-sign-on

That is absolutely vile, what a scumbag. He will probably get a slap on the wrist and banned from keeping a goldfish for two years. This beggars belief.

"upto 6 months in prison" - what a **** take!

Beyond words. Absolutely disgusting. On the plus side, if the story circulates he may well get his just-desserts from the public.. He deserves it.

waste of space, vile man, six months rubbish, hate reading things like that, poor dog x

Omg, that makes me feel sick. Just bough a beautiful chihahua x pup off gumtree. She's still a baby and full of mischief and having lots of accidents but I could never contemplate violence against her or any animal.

Why get a dog to kill it! It's all so senseless! Poor little dog rip!

Six months in prison... he deserves the very treatment he forced upon Tyson the dog.

It should be harder to become a dog owner. If they did bring licensing back in, there should be a thorough examination for the potential holder to fill in to prove they understand the responsibility of pet ownership and educate themselves for the privilige.

It is always the minority that spoils it for the majority but the only way forward is to educate people and how can you ensure that.

Why doesn't the Rspca use it's considerable resources to insist in a government inquiry/investigation into sites like Gumtree and create some sort of regulation ? On a less emotive point, someone could easily get rid of furniture without fire-proof certificates which, in the case of second-hand retail outlets, is a legally binding situation. I don't mean to belittle the brutality that moron inflicted on poor Tyson, but the human safety angle is usually the only one trhat makes any difference.

3 words - dog owner licensing

6 months is a joke - if a someone has the capacity to do such violent and brutal things to another living, breathing, feeling creature, do the courts seriously doubt that he's capable of doing this to a human being also...

What he/she/they said.

I haven't opened the link, reason, I have no wish to see/read about these things anymore, i'm well aware they go on.

On licensing I see no reason to believe that it will stop cruelty as those; in the main anyway who would obtain one are not likely candidates to behave in this way.

We have a law that prohibits breeding and selling certain types of dog yet it goes on. We have a gun law that includes licensing yet we have gun crime.

It's too easy to behave in this way and get away with it because we lack standards now. There is no structure in place in the early stages of life at school that teaches respect for animals. We degrade each other so an animal has little hope.

6 months is a joke - if a someone has the capacity to do such violent and brutal things to another living, breathing, feeling creature, do the courts seriously doubt that he's capable of doing this to a human being also...

How would the license have stopped this happening though? he would never have gone and got one, even if he had been put down as the new owner it wouldn't have helped the dog he didn't have it for long, and there is no one to police it that I can think of.

Poor dog, I read about this yesterday and I have no words really, 6 months is a joke for what he did, they might as well give him a pat on the back and send him on holiday :rant:

How would the license have stopped this happening though? he would never have gone and got one, even if he had been put down as the new owner it wouldn't have helped the dog he didn't have it for long, and there is no one to police it that I can think of.

Poor dog, I read about this yesterday and I have no words really, 6 months is a joke for what he did, they might as well give him a pat on the back and send him on holiday :rant:

All very true unfortunately. In principal licensing could make it more difficult for people to breed/sell/distribute dogs, but as with all of these things it all comes down to the delivery, and on these issues the UK systems always seem to fall short.

If the bureaucracy of buying a dog was more complex, it might have put this cretin off getting one, or at least made him think twice about doing what he did.

Unfortunately though, if he was intent on destroying an animal he would have found a way to do it, or maybe it would have been a cat, or who knows...

Laws would make it more difficult, but they won't prevent it. Prevention can only come from education and upbringing in this case.